Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
89% under protest!

they show the thread fin shad as haveing a shorter "thread" and a deeper body than the gizzard shad

·
Registered
935 Posts
I got the shads backward, too. 89% The threadfin picture was distorted, like it was put in the wrong size frame, or something.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
100%   ;D - They need to add more fish to make it challenging!  Throw in some minnows and everyone will be twitching in their seats!

The trick with the shads was to look at the mouth shape and position.  The gizzard shad has a smaller, more subterminal mouth.

Once a fish nerd, always a fish nerd...and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Munga munga creek mate, we skun 'em!

·
Registered
688 Posts
84%, missed the shad and the warmouth never heard of em. D.O.W. Should make similar test For out of staters on how not to mistake a cattle, donkeys,horses,and moose, for elk. Before they are issued a tag! But maybe they figure they couldnt afford to loose the revenue for all the (texans insert your favorite) that couldnt pass no matter how many times they took it.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
fyraxe said:
84%, missed the shad and the warmouth never heard of em. D.O.W. Should make similar test For out of staters on how not to mistake a cattle, donkeys,horses,and moose, for elk. Before they are issued a tag! But maybe they figure they couldnt afford to loose the revenue for all the (texans insert your favorite) that couldnt pass no matter how many times they took it.
Haha, one of the rangers I know said he gets asked all the time at what elevation do deer turn to elk.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
you are so right, harder to correctly identify since the pictures are smaller. Missed several of the sunfish and carps. I will keep my score to myself it is so embarrassing.

Dan

·
Registered
937 Posts
94% for me not sure what happend marked the sun fish as a carp haha

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Two got recorded as sauger when I thought I checked the second as the saugereye... oh well, 31/37 or 84% percent... And I thought I learned something in the first quiz.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts