Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had these for forever and threw away the pouches around 5 years ago. I just started wondering what they were...

The plastics are both around 3" and its the craw looking one and the minnow looking green/pink one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The top is a Watermelon Bass Assassin. Not sure about the bottom one.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The top is definitely a walleye assasin. The bottom is a Mister Twister fighting craw.

As to links i'm not too good with computers. Google Bass Assasin and Mister Twister.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I have seen the top one in some walmarts...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Biggie Smalls said:
The top is definitely a walleye assasin. The bottom is a Mister Twister fighting craw.

As to links i'm not too good with computers. Google Bass Assasin and Mister Twister.
The walleye assassin doesn't exist in a 3" paddle tail according to their website. I can't seem to find that exact color anywhere. Also, mister twister doesn't seem to make that...

zman said:
I have seen the top one in some walmarts...
If you see it again can you tell me who makes it and what it is?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There are many craw imitations on the market that are really close to the fightin"craw, Zoom makes a few, Berkley Gulp has one fairly close.

Last time I saw a Paddle Tail like that one was at Valley Country, although I have seen them at Wal marts also.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember buying both at sportsman warehouse, the one that closed down a while ago after going to a bass seminar or something.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The next best thing to the paddletail would be a Zoom Swimming Fluke Jr.

Bass Pro makes a craw that looks almost identical to the one you posted.
Also the Zoom lil' critter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Even though these are designed for Inshore fishing, check out:
http://www.marsh-works.com/btsp3.html

The 3" paddle tails have been working well for Bass and the action is great. You can rip it or work it sloooowww and it still has great action. They make a killer 4" paddle tail that is sweet. The body is huge, and is more substantial than other 4" baits. Unfortunately you need to check them out on-line as no stores in CO carry them.

Try a paddle tail on a weighted EWG for a subtle presentation.

I would be surprised if BPS didn't carry Bass Assassins.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Biggie Smalls said:
The next best thing to the paddletail would be a Zoom Swimming Fluke Jr.

Bass Pro makes a craw that looks almost identical to the one you posted.
Also the Zoom lil' critter.
http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops®-Tournament-Series®-Incredible-Craw/product/44635/-1639204
That Craw looks SO much like what I have...But I bought it at sportsmans, that doesn't really make sense :eek: The super fluke Jr has a really fat belly with a rectangular area while mine are much less rectangular. However I'll probably buy those if I ever use or lose all of mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts