Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally would go to Deweese. I love that lake. Beautiful scenery and great fishing! My 2nd choice would be 11 mile because Ive never been there and have never ever cought a trout over 16in, and I think that place would be the place to go! Where would you go?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would go to Almont. There is three rivers (gunnison,taylor,east) Two reservoirs (taylor,spring creek) You can also fish spring creek and the upper taylor river which is alot smaller and way different than the lower taylor. There is also three ponds at the roaring judy hatchery next to the east river which can be good as well. Many options all kinds of different types of fishing all in the same place ! Nice !

·
Registered
745 Posts
wow! me and my buddy were thinking the same thing. I think we will try the blue mesa Ice off for the lakers and The big spinny ice off. if you try 11 mile you should give spinny a try to.I think you will love it better then 11 mile ice off.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd be at Chatfield, I don't know if I could get the walleye to bite but I'd like to be the first to see if they got bigger on all that shad grub over winter.  I'll probably beat the rest of you out since Catfield 'should" be ice free pretty soon.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Mustang said:
Quincy, assuming that if the ice melted everything would be open...

I drove by the Q yesterday, There is a sign for the year opener but I really need glasses and didnt see the date.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

M

·
0 Posts
it gets earlier every year...

ill be there, just not from the shore this time...people have no consideration at that place...grr

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
the colorado river around glenwood if it wasn't chocolate colored. If it was, probably the gunnison below blue mesa if I could find out if they were releasing much water. If not there, probably leon lake on the mesa if the snow wasn't too deep to get in and catch some lunker brookies.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i would get in my boat... my nick name would be Noah and my boat would become an Arc... ! maby then i could catch some fish....
Jigs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts