·
P I K E
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
use your ice hut! LOL!!! Great idea!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
the bar by Georgetown lake has done the same thing, when this is all over there is going to be some great deals on not only ice huts but greenhouses I already saw some green houses on Craigslist being sold pretty cheap

·
Registered
262 Posts
How do they anchor those things in the asphalt? Oh that's right. I'm not there so the wind doesn't blow. Man, my hut would be in Kansas in 10 seconds flat.

·
P I K E
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do they anchor those things in the asphalt? Oh that's right. I'm not there so the wind doesn't blow. Man, my hut would be in Kansas in 10 seconds flat.
They anchor them with 5 gallon buckets of sand, but yep mine would be in Kansas too if I popped it up! 🤬

·
Registered
262 Posts
They anchor them with 5 gallon buckets of sand, but yep mine would be in Kansas too if I popped it up! 🤬
We anchor our clubs awnings that way for the kid's programs on the Gunnison. Two years ago the upwind buckets lifted about 2' into the air. We almost lost a group of 6 awnings. Never fails. We setup and the wind starts shortly after. lol

I have a double ice hut. 6 screws hold the body down and 6 more tethered for the sides. When the wind picks up on BM, I'm still get concerned. I've chased too much stuff across the ice. lol

Great work around though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts