Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could change ONE Fisheries regulation, what would it be?

T

·
0 Posts
Just off the top of my head, I think to let me use more than 2 poles. For what we pay I'd go with that.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Snag said:
Just off the top of my head, I think to let me use more than 2 poles. For what we pay I'd go with that.
Like famous late 1980's rappers say, "Word up" to the DOW's motha.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'd like to see a multi year and or even a lifetime license offered as a choice to purchase.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'd like to see a multi year and or even a lifetime license offered as a choice to purchase
I would like to see this too. This would be nice. Only thing bad about this is I buy my small game stuff at the same time that i buy my fishing license.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Either 1. Make a nice rule that when someone is fishing, that's their spot, and you can only get so close. Or 2. Let me use whatever I want at P-xing, Walden, and Sawhill ponds. Everything I have is scented or salted in some way or another, I've been limited to crank-baits there. Guess I'll just have to fork out some coin. (Any suggestions  ???) Over all, I'm pretty happy though.  :)

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
As far as rules and regulations go, I don't think I have any problem with how the CDOW sets the rules. I like the bag limits cause if you think of it, they're effective enough cause for as much pressure as our waters get, the fish are still there in ok to healthy populations.

Maybe, better slot limits on walleye would be a suggestion. Other than that, the only thing that I can think of that I'd like to change is OUR ownership of OUR water. Think: "John Martin Res. fish loss" due to our waters going to another state. Think: OUR precious water being pumped to be used for gigantic water shows in Vegas..... Ok, I'm gettin whiney, I'll stop.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
A 365 day license would be good, but I'm with you on the 2 rod thing. When I'm catfishing especially I like to get a couple different lines out there with different baits, so far this is the only state I've lived in where you can only have one extra pole out and you have to buy a stamp to even be able to do that.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I recall that in Minnesota your are only allowed ONE rod and there is no other option. I like to troll with at least two rods and experiment, so it makes things more difficult, especially since there are so many different lakes and I often end up going somewhere I've never been before...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I would change the fees some of the lakes out north charge, Horsetooth foe example charges for your car and again if you have a boat. This is greed in my opinon!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
365 day license for sure. No reason I can see that the small game license couldn't be 365 also. Unless it's a HIP thing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
365 day license for sure. No reason I can see that the small game license couldn't be 365 also. Unless it's a HIP thing.
I like that idea. I also like the idea of more than two poles. I would also like to have some more lakes where you can drive out onto the ice during winter.

·
Banned
487 Posts
I would have it to where all lakes that are publicly owned, which means all water supply lakes, have to allow year round access, ice fishing, and at least non motorized boating.

·
Registered
16,697 Posts
I want to use more rods ice-fishing.Wyoming lets you use six!On certain lakes.Many states allow as many as 10 tip-ups .This really allows experimentation and is just more fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts