Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ever get out on first ice or other thin ice, especially on windy days, you need to see this video! This was last sunday near Holmes Crossing on Flaming Gorge on what they said was 4" thick ice.

These guys were really lucky. It was a big ice floe and apparently stayed intact. They were rescued 3 hours later and a mile and a half from where they started. The speed with which that crack opened up is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDg99YGCXEM

·
Registered
180 Posts
Those guys didn't seem too concerned, I would have been a little worried about the quality of the ice they were floating/trolling on. Nobody else around them seemed too concerned either.

W

·
0 Posts
That's crazy, they certainly seemed cool under what I would consider massive stress. I'd be scooting as far as possible from that crack. Gotta love that Wyoming sky though!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FishLip said:
Change the signs, call it what you want....
Damn pc world :D

Crazy video, no matter what you call the locale.
Ha ha! Yeah, I know. But folks who haven't spent a lot of time up there would search the new maps in vain for some place called "Squaw Hollow". :D

Then Oyey would toss up a post calling me a liar. ::)

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just remember how all the local signs and maps suddenly changed. LOL

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Auger said:
:eek: "That was a good hole too." :D
Yeah, that was funny! Uttered as they drifted away to contemplate an icy death...... :D

Man, those guys were lucky. :eek:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Dam those guys are lucky they weren't fishing at night. Can you imagine walking out to take a piss in the dark and step into that crack :eek:. Thats way to close to the edge for me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
DID,
Just one of the reasons you guys will never turn me into an ice fisherman. Come on Springtime......come on soft water.
Bill

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whadleyco said:
DID,
Just one of the reasons you guys will never turn me into an ice fisherman. Come on Springtime......come on soft water.
Bill
Are you in Colorado now? If so, maybe we can give it another try. :D

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
trout4steak said:
AdamT said:
Those guys didn't seem too concerned, I would have been a little worried about the quality of the ice they were floating/trolling on. Nobody else around them seemed too concerned either.
Wyomingites. We sleep with our d#$%# in the dirt if we have to. :D
Actually, this was a bunch of Utards. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts