Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,368 Posts
Naw, despite the temptation to do something like that I spend way too much time telling my family "Rules are Rules, and breaking them just because you can get away with it does not make it right". It would just not be right to do. To me it would be like winning a game by cheating. You actually don't win.

Dan

· Premium Member
4,368 Posts
I was pretty soft spoken on my earlier post.  But I will take a clear stand on this matter.

Sneaking in to fish closed waters is trespassing.  The use of the word sneaking implies a desire to avoid consequences for acting in a less than honorable way.

If you would sneak in to fish in closed waters, where do you draw the line.  taking undersized fish? disregarding creel limits?  poaching an elk?  They are all illegal.  Sportsmen do not behave in this manner.

Its not something I would do.  I hope its not something you would either.  I know alot of us have done things when we were younger, that did not make it right and I do not encourage the younger members of this forum to do something because they are young.  

Maybe I sound a little extreme but this is a black and white issue to me. Whether I agree with the regs, rules or law its wrong until such time they change.

Dan

· Premium Member
4,368 Posts
Good post, Guitar.

Requesting permission is definitely the way to go. There is no guarantee it being granted but better to have asked and been denied than to risk sneaking in and being caught.

Like any situation, nobody talks about the 99 people who are courteous and follow the rules, but you hear all about the 1 guy who isn't. He gives everybody a bad namd.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.