Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Jumbo was a HUGE success! After calling day one for safety reasons and taking care of the anglers, day two started chilly but much less wind. When all was said and done we weighed well over 200 pounds of walleye! 36 teams was a little smaller than it should have been, but when people are out there saying how bad this lake is and not worth fishing, it gives it a bad name. Boy were they WRONG! All I can say is before you judge somewhere, get out and fish it.
We here as the board of the CWA put a lot of thought and research into picking this lake and it sure did pay off! This blew the doors off our annual ice-breaker at Cherry Creek. Even getting away and out of many CWA anglers comfort zone, they all showed what great fishermen people in this club are. These places are the gems that you can find by hoping on with the CWA. Thanks to all the anglers that came out. Also a special thanks to the DOW biologist Mandi that assisted us with launch and check-ins, Ranger Rick, and the ANS people for making this smooth. Like to see some comments on the tournament from our anglers. Standings will be up in the next day or two. Check it out at www.cowalleye.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I have to agree, this Tournament turned out to be great! It was pretty impressive when you leave at 7am, and there is a boat with their limit of 8 fish, in which they can weigh their best 5 by 9am!!! That tells you something right there about this lake. There were many teams that weighed the max of 5 fish. Very well ran, and very good lake. Great Choick CWA!! Looking forward to the next one in a couple weeks at Pueblo! Keep up the good work..

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Agree. Awesome lake. We had our limit by 10 but were trying to upgrade on our smallest keeper, a 17.5 incher. Lets do i again next year but a week or two later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree, I heard from some locals that we were there a couple weeks early, but still what a bite! Congrats again Dave!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts