Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say you won the lotto and had to buy a boat to fish with only in colorado, What boat and why. Also what would you add to it?

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
988 Posts
It would be the new Tracker Tundra  with the new Mercury Verado 250 EFI supercharged out board. Why? Easy, It's super fast and has plenty of room for all my buddies and their junk. Many storage locations and a 46 gal live well tank. I think it even  has a live-bait storage. With a 21 ft you can handle almost any weather circumstance if not all here in Colorado. It can also be converted in to a fish/ski boat. 10 person capacity and it's like a bass/walleye combo. With all the options this would come out to around 50K. No  problem if you hit the recent powerball for 340 Mill. Estimated after your one  time wire transfer you would recieve 8 mill/month off of intrest from your savings @ 4%. WOW!

But before that I would build a decent size lake stocked with plenty of warm  water fish for the public. Not for the money but for our pleasure. Probably spend about 800k-1.5mill just for stocking predators of all different ages. Then another 2-400k for bait fish and grass carps all different sizes. I would provide plenty of jobs for this lake at great pay. Then start all over again. Next? Buy trump tower,Remax, and UPS out ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
id get 1 of the floating party barges

might not get into some of the smaller waters but it would be great to fish with a bunch of budies

then id load it up with all the cool gear like those trolling motors that will follow a contour for you, an awesome fishfinder, side scaning sonar and a hot tub

·
Registered
832 Posts
Fisher32,

I will come and work part time for the fishing priviledges. Hope I spelled that correctly, probably not looks funny. I will buy a 17' Lowes deep V with walk-through windshied and 125 H.P. four strokes and a 9.9 H.P. for trolling. This boat would have everything set up for fishing included a built in 25 gallons cooler for my beer.

lovetofish

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Jay,

The boat I have now thats why I bought it. Kala Vene does everything. Fish warm or cold weather, camp, trailer, and travel to big lakes, even water sports and entertaining.

Having a portapotty is not half bad.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Jay,

Which lottery, powerball or lotto?

Truth be known, no boat is perfect. I wish my boat was smaller at times, had a better forward fishing area (like a walk thru) with bow mount trolling motor. Then again, when 10 miles off shore on lake superior I wish it was a bit bigger. And there are a few things I want to add.

If I won lotto I would add a 14-16 foot aluminum V-hull and a 26-28 foot off shore boat to my collection.

T

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I am with T...I would have several for different applications...the bigger lakes with marinas I would just buy a good deep transom boat with most of the bells and whistles and leave at marina in one of their slips...no hauling...or ramp launching...just get in and out and fish!...one to pull also that was made for launching at low water ramps we have in this state...more important is the towing vehicle...a boat of a 1970's convertable caddilac with a trailer hitch that has been converted to four wheel drive caddy...they have trunks the size of the astrodome for my gear...top down with Colorado sunshine...with some obnoxious color...and anything but orange and blue...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Jay,

The boat I have now thats why I bought it. Kala Vene does everything. Fish warm or cold weather, camp, trailer, and travel to big lakes, even water sports and entertaining.

Having a portapotty is not half bad.
from the looks of it you could kill some serious tuna if you made it down to san diego or baja!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'd buy just one boat. It's called "Le Grand Bleu":

I took this picture of it last year. Oh yea, I forgot, she also carries a helicopter, a 72 foot sailing yacht and a 67 foot power boat... ;D

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TroutHunter said:
Everyone's talking about buying boats...how about buying about 64,000 acres and a few lakes to put your boat on?

TH

Great point!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yea i think 1eye touched on that a while back

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd buy a pontoon. A BIG pontoon! I know nothing about boats ( I own a 10" john boat with a huge trolling motor to get me through the storms! hehe) so I would say a pontoon so I have room for catfishing.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I'd buy a top of line Ranger. Scott Golden who owns Walleye Central gets a new one every year as part of his sponsership package with Ranger and they are unreal!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts