Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided not to blow away at pueblo and instead took a suggestion to head uphill. Had a lovely day catching bass all day long. not sure I've ever had a 20+ fish day before. Couldn't get into anything but bass but that's ok. caught them on everything I used, oddly had the least luck with a kastmaster.. was the most fun watching them with the rapalla. I had several stalk it for a long time and then with one little twitch they would smash it and run with my drag screaming. great fun to watch them actually take it and then fight them back in. Mostly caught them down low with a white twisty tail on a chartruse head. caught everything but one on the UL setup which makes it twice as fun. seriously contemplating pretty much only using the UL. my enjoyment goes up so much when I use it. only one break off and it was totally my fault for letting it bounce hard.

saw one other person all day. watched several deer ford the water, birds of all kinds and mostly silence. no jets no sirens, no humanity (except the ever present shoreline trash). loved it.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Sweet!!

Wish I was fishing....

Next weekend I hope to get some water time.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks and sounds like you had a good time.
The sound was the best. Even when you're way out there are jets and what not. I heard no humanity for 4 hours. None. It was wonderful. Just sat there like Forrest Gump for at least 30 min then figured I should fish or walk or something.

Next time I bring rain gear so I can act like I have known high country weather all my life. I have no excuse being caught by surprise weather unprepared. Also a life straw so my pack isn't so heavy with water.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Congrats you were due!

JEETDEM?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
yep...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts