Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of you have been following this thread: http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=7033.0 but the long & short of it was my gas gauge on my boat wasnt working. Turns out it was working just fine. Why was it reading empty??? You guessed it, it was empty!!!

In my own defence. The day before I last took my boat out I first took it to the gas station. Put the nozzle in the gas hole(technical term) and pump, it hit $1.00 and stopped. So I assumed the dealer filed the tank before I took delivery. That was that. Thats where the gas gauge not working came into play.

So flame away. I can take it.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
LOL. Atleast you can see the humor in it. :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hahhaah... poor guy.

It's ok, somedays life can be pretty tough.

Just remember to put the plug in the correct hole in the boat and not in your pocket or somewhere else. ;D

M

·
0 Posts
That's great!!! ;D ;D ;D

Honestly though, I've never ever bought anything from a dealer with a full tank of gas.

Hopefully everything will work out ok in the future! Look forward to a good summer with lots of success on the boat.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Whoa,

I'm begining to think you didn't go through the proper boat naming procedures...

So, how did you get back home to post this report? Swim?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
That was good for a chuckle, and I appreciate someone with a sense of humor about themselves. Hope you were on dry land when you discovered the answer to the problem.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you the man J. it take a real man to take that one in stride thanks for sharing,

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
He didnt tell you that he launched the boat with the trailer still attached...just uncoupled the whole works from the hitch and rolled it down the ramp...

·
Registered
664 Posts
left_turn56 said:
At least you did not take it to a shop and have to pay to be told you were out of gas!!
left_turn56
As a former automotive tech (now teacher) you wouldn't believe how many people run their cars out of gas and have them towed to the shop thinking there's something wrong. They get quite embarrased and even argue with you when you tell them that's what it was.

·
Registered
862 Posts
ahh Jay funny man and I was reading the other post came across what Farmer Ted said....
"Keep in mind that most problems are actually caused by simple things."
I live by that as I was told that by a guy on the first day of a previous appliance repair job and it turns out to be true more times then not.....but thats a good one always check the obvious before anything else as it tends to get skipped 99% of the time...I wish I could have seen your face when you realized that was the problem....no gas!!! ....hilarious

1 - 16 of 16 Posts