Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is what I always tell myself when I head out east. Every time I go I tell myself that I am not even going to try for them and just cast for other species all day, this trip was no different. Was hoping to get into pike. After an hour and a half of trolling through shallow flooded brush casting for them I came across an amazing catfish bite, which continued the rest of the day. Caught 15+ cats between 5-10lbs and at least another 20 2-3 lbers. It was like I was fishing for bluegill, at some points bait wouldn't sit for more than 5-10 seconds. I'd say it was a successful day of fishing, all fish were released too.

A couple doubles

Caught the catfish first, took the hook out with no bait on it and dropped it off the side of the boat. Weighed the fish and then as I was putting the net back down my rod almost flies of the boat, luckily my reel got stuck for a half second on the edge and I could grab it. Carp took it right at the boat with no bait :D I think this is the same cat in the picture above in the net in the water

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Nice !! Cats are fun to catch....
I never target em but I catch a few once in a while...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cats were the first fish I started fishing for. My parents don't fish so I got into by myself growing up, at first all I knew was bait fishing. It wasn't til the last couple years I really started fishing for other species, catfishing has a special place in my heart though will always be one of my favorite

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice catches...yeah, I like catfishing too. Makes me feel like a little kid.. They give ya a great fight and there's always the opportunity to catch some really nice fish..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts