Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figure I'd hit Gross Res one more time before I escape the cold to Arizona. The swimbait I used is a Cabela's brand called a Lunker Finder. BTW, the south shore access by the dam is closed and probably will be closed for a long time while they work on building it higher. The north shore is definitely a lot harder to access. The inlet area sucks. Only caught little bows there. Get out and get you some before it freezes! Tight lines y'all.

Water Hood Gesture Travel Font

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice! Gonna be a while before Gross freezes. That lake is DEEP! BTW they are not yet raising the dam. From what I heard the current project should last about a week and then they will reopen access to the dam. The expansion project has been in a deadlock legal battle between Denver Water and Boulder county for some time. Can you imagine if they actually raise the dam 100 feet? That will change the fishing quite a bit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Gonna be a while before Gross freezes. That lake is DEEP! BTW they are not yet raising the dam. From what I heard the current project should last about a week and then they will reopen access to the dam. The expansion project has been in a deadlock legal battle between Denver Water and Boulder county for some time. Can you imagine if they actually raise the dam 100 feet? That will change the fishing quite a bit.
Thanks for the info brother! The south shore right by the dam is my favorite spot for lakers from shore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts