Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to Ute Lake in NM early Nov and managed to smash my hand between my boat and the boat dock at the ramp. It was a compound fracture and they had to put pins in the thumb and cast it. Anyway, it is coming off this Monday and I've lost some feeling in the thumb (nerve damage) but basically I will be good as new. ;)

The fishing down at Ute was great and I can't wait to get back. I've fished a few times with the cast on but other than throwing a senko and vertical jigging a spoon down at Pueblo I've been drydocked. So I'll probably go back to the scene of the crime and fish Ute in Jan-vertical spooning those walleye and white bass.

When its windy I can guarantee I'm gonna be a little more careful at the ramp. ::)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Kirby,

Count yourself lucky. I had a friend pulling a rope threw a cleat on a large boat(36'). Wind came up and pushed the boat away from the dock. She had her fingers pulling the loop threw the cleat and had her index finger pulled off as the line went back out of the cleat. The rope/cleat acted just like a knife.

Glad to here you are going to get back in the saddle. Good luck

JT

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Yeah, Glad you are getting your flipper back Kirby. I bet it is kinda hard to type or reel with a cast on one hand. How far south is Ute? I've heard there is some pretty good walleye fishing down there.

T

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ute is in Logan, about 2 hrs south of Raton. Real good walleye, white bass and smallmouth fishing.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
only 2hours from raton, sounds interesting can you camp there or near by

do you have any links to NM fishing regs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts