Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
I sometimes wonder why some top talent in their past bloggers have walked? And what the owners and operators on that site think of it all.

·
Registered
841 Posts
nascar versus Formula One.

The layout of this site is so much better. The water pages and updates over there are ok, and sometimes the writings are decent to read.

I bet if CF had a blog/article section, there are some good writers with solid ideas and knowledge that could hone their writing skills and blow the doors off any exploiter blogs. Maybe the next Charlie Meyers is hanging around here...

to expand; a writing section could be like the tackle garage. Writings could be critiqued and arguments over styles and techniques could ensue, with all the attendant butt-hurts that all the other sections enjoy. >:D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
pike said:

The layout of this site is so much better. The water pages and updates over there are ok, and sometimes the writings are decent to read.

I bet if CF had a blog/article section, there are some good writers with solid ideas and knowledge that could hone their writing skills and blow the doors off any exploiter blogs. Maybe the next Charlie Meyers is hanging around here...

to expand; a writing section could be like the tackle garage. Writings could be critiqued and arguments over styles and techniques could ensue, with all the attendant butt-hurts that all the other sections enjoy. >:D
http://www.coloradofisherman.com/colorado_fishing_articles.php All the users have to do is submit them to Don via email and he screens them and puts them up... He has posted it up a couple times asking for articles but rarely gets them.

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
ePiC said:
pike said:

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/colorado_fishing_articles.php All the users have to do is submit them to Don via email and he screens them and puts them up... He has posted it up a couple times asking for articles but rarely gets them.
This needs to change. The walleye articles were awesome to read.

·
Registered
24,494 Posts
Here I believe is the last time the article topic was broached...I think it lost steam...and was horribly derailed in off topic...size 22 Double Testical Nuclear Midge?...bwahahahahahhaaa (Neal needs to take the salt out of his diet!)...yikez...I was still a moderator then...ruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!...

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=57745.0

Put me down for an article on Successful Catfishing of Jurassic Pond!...soon to be a bestseller on the fiction charts!!... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Koldkut said:
I sometimes wonder why some top talent in their past bloggers have walked? And what the owners and operators on that site think of it all.
well, this probably means there were some political/fiduciary differences...for example, I was one of the founding members and a lead poster on westernslopeanglers, and was highly respected and helped a wide variety of anglers with catching more and bigger fish in many western slope fisheries, until a dumb redneck that manages the local sportsman's warehouse came along that had deep pockets but had differing political and personal views than I...needless to say my account was "hacked" and I was immediately banned for life...it only said one cussword too, which again I didn't say, but was given that as the reason I was banned for, and the dumb redneck with deep pockets drops f-bombs all day long on that site without getting banned....

I'd bet something similar happened on fish explorer to some of those individuals...

I have deep respect with the way the Broeren's run this site...they have been fantastic if you ask me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts