Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. In reference to Colorado's major reservoirs, if you had to launch your boat between certain times only, as if the ramp was only open for launching during those hours, what would the times be. Keep in mind that you'd be able to recover the boat outside of these times, but you could only launch during "open" hours.

a) 6am through 10pm
b) 5am through 9pm
c) other times (but not more than 16 hours included between them)

Please provide your answer and any related thoughts you might have as to why the times you've chosen. Please don't jump to conclusions either this is for information gathering only! Thanks for your input. CL

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
I like to launch before sun up in the summer, so 4-6am would be my preference.  Launching at 6am, if the ramp opened right then, would be a nightmare because every other early bird will be there at the same time, that means, I might not fish until 7:30, 8, or later?  No thanks, I just wouldn't go.  5am-9pm at least, but I would prefer like 4am or earlier opening.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
No later than 5 AM. A 6 AM launch is tooooo late!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Of your choices, I'd prefer the 5 am to 9 pm times.

My thinking is that since the earliest sunrise in the metro area is ~5:30am and the latest sunset is ~8:30pm, that would give us about a half-hour before sunrise and a half-hour after sunset to launch.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Dont have a boat yet so dont know if my opinion counts.. But I would also put my vote on 5AM-9PM.

I think it gives the early birds a good chance to catch the early morning bite. But also allows night fisherman to show up a little later and fish all night, or atleast into the night.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To clarify, you could recover the boat whenever, but you could only launch during the open hours as noted. CL

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Fishful Thinker said:
To clarify, you could recover the boat whenever, but you could only launch during the open hours as noted. CL
After thinking about it, I vote for 4 AM to 8 PM. Any time I fish at night I'm on the water before 8:00, and I think that's probably true for most people.

·
Registered
941 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Fishful Thinker said:
After thinking about it, I vote for 4 AM to 8 PM. Any time I fish at night I'm on the water before 8:00, and I think that's probably true for most people.
That would be my second pick - definitely better than having to wait until 6. I am one of those who does show up late during summer weeknights, so the 9pm end time would be better in those situations.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'd go for 4 AM to 8 PM. When I head out early AM it is often before 5 AM, and if I'm going to do any evening fishing, I'm on the water before 8 PM (normally before 6 PM).

·
Registered
326 Posts
What about at Pueblo where they check your boat after you take it out of the water and not before you launch? Would there be a time with you would have to be off the water and could launch at any time? Just something to think about.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Wild Turkey said:
What about at Pueblo where they check your boat after you take it out of the water and not before you launch? Would there be a time with you would have to be off the water and could launch at any time? Just something to think about.
From what I've heard Larimer County (Carter, tooth) and State Parks (other than P-lo) are both planning to only inspect as you enter the lake - you'll be able to leave at your leisure.

·
Registered
654 Posts
4:00 to 8:30 sounds about right that would work for me. Although as this is only my second year with a boat all these new regs suck!! But what do I know its all new to me! I can't catch fish off it yet anyway!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I vote 4am to 8pm.. but like to launch after 9pm on weekend...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Not that this is on topic but Id also like to see one ramp for launching and one for trailering. Or something to help the crazy-ness. Like at creek on a weekend when I get on the water at 5 but want to be off by 10am I have to battle all the water flea's just getting on the water.
4am-8pm
[me=Jay] [/me]

·
Registered
598 Posts
Definitely 4am-8pm, I think more people (at least everyone I know) would be less inconvenienced with a 4am start and it might help keep the morning traffic moving.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Maybe we could turn this into a poll? It might get a lot more response.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts