Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I really wonder if this will have that much of a positive effect on the bass. I remember seeing ol pond Bob ( Bob Lusk) on Bass Edge TV and and he answered a question about this topic. I remember him stating that he doesn't see any problem with bed fishing and pulling fish off of the bed as long as they are returned to the water, there where other points in the brief segment but in conclusion he has found no proof that bed fishing or fishing during the spawn hurts a fishery as long as fish are put back in the water,( If I remember right he even stated that a bass that is pulled off a bed and released in another location a lot of the time another bass will come to the empty bed and spawn on it).

Are people who are wading during the spawn stomping and walking all over on beds? Im no fish expert but I have to wonder about this one.

They do realize that they have a ton of stunted pike in there that love to mash on fry don't they? Maybe thin out the pike herd out a little.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I am so on board with this bro. You have no idea how smart this is!

In a perfect world a bass would just get to do it's one-time-per-year nasty. Since many will observe that we do not live in such a place, let me share my perspective.

I have seen individual spawners so torn up with hook marks and fungus I very much doubt that they survived the ordeal. Spawning for bass is rigorous in the best of circumstances, but getting their face gouged whilst they are handled, dragged across the dirt, poked, squeezed, and maimed by multiple Joe Dirt types, several times per day, for several days, sucks.

If an "angler" has to resort to harassing a fish in the act of it's reproduction to be able to catch it, they should quit.

Because they suck.

I have been advocating this for YEARS with those folks. I doubt very much my input had anything to do with this decision, but I applaud it nevertheless.

\m/ >:D \m/

SS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts