Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending at least four days up in Tabernash with the wife's family next week. No ice to be had and snow either! Planning on bringing a couple of rods to fish. Any suggestions? Thinking one session at Granby. Is Willow Creek worth it? The Fork is too far for me to escape to.

How about in town for the kids? Think there are fishing ponds for them, right?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Hit me up, if I'm around I can get you out on the boat for a few hours and have some private ponds for the kids if they don't freeze by then.... May be enough early ice on them if your not too heavy lol.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hit me up, if I'm around I can get you out on the boat for a few hours and have some private ponds for the kids if they don't freeze by then.... May be enough early ice on them if your not too heavy lol.
You calling me fat, Red? LOL word up. Sounds awesome!!! We're heading up Monday and staying till at least Thursday (my family). Most are staying till Friday.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Another option around 10 miles east of Tabernash in a beautiful setting at the base of Indian peaks wilderness is Meadow creek res. It has a good population of Brookies along with being stocked the last few years with Tiger Trout.
Town Ponds in Fraser and Granby get stocked well. Willow cr. North of Granby another great spot is loaded with stocker size Rainbows. Casting for Browns can be productive this time of year. The tailwater a short walk below Granby Damn is loaded with small Browns. The Pump Canal between Granby and Shadow mtn has Kokanee also and will be fishable (unless it freezes) as no Pumping going on for the next month.
Monarch lake is another great spot for Brookies, lots of opportunities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts