Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out: I was going through some old stuff and found my old In-Fisherman books! I had been looking for these forever.

These are great books and I'm not sure that they're still in print (I got these when I was 15...20 years ago)

They have great info lake, river, and reservior classification, fish 'calendar periods' and fish location by calendar periods which are temperature based. Even though this is still old info, I doubt the fish have changed much in 20 years. Great science based fishing here...If you can find some copies, grab them.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The In-Fisherman seriers of books are excellent and I'd recommend them to anyone. What I like about them is they assume you already know the basics and take you from there to really understanding the fish. I liked the pike, largemouth bass and the one on smallmouth and have reread parts many times.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
the infisherman approach is geared toward the canadian shield lakes, so most of what they say is junk. However, if you wade through that junk there is some good stuff.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Bear you say some just ridiculous things sometimes? All the Highland and Hilland resevoir info in the Walleye book apply perfectly here in Colorado and Wyoming. I can't think of a better book for a beginning walleye fisherman to read!!!!! I have used what I have learned from mine for the last decade.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
it doesn't work for me, of course we don't have shad like you easterners do. course my only walleye lake is shore only no icefishing...maybe that's why.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I didn't mean to come down so hard on you Bear! You are a good young angler!

Read the info on how to catch Plateau and Canyon Resevoir walleye's and apply it to a real walleye fishery like Lake Powell and you will find it very applicable!!!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Neal/CO said:
I didn't mean to come down so hard on you Bear! You are a good young angler!

Read the info on how to catch Plateau and Canyon Resevoir walleye's and apply it to a real walleye fishery like Lake Powell and you will find it very applicable!!!!
I dig it neal... I'm sure its very applicable in most situations but in-fisherman in general assumes EVERYWHERE is just like their lakes with ciscoes, whitefish, smelt, etc. You know that too, you'll read an article and it will be about the seasonal movement of ciscoes and you will know, "well, that doesn't help out a lot of anglers."
No hard feelings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts