Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am new to co as the name implies just started fishing here am going to brush hollow in the am lookin for someone that knows the lake and wants to fish in the am tomorrow email me or give me a call at 719 360 7088

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry forgot to say great site love the info and hope i can put it to use since fishing colorado will be a new xperiance for me

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry if i went about this the wrong way all give an arizona bass fisherman some credit lol

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Are you the guy I met at pikeview today? Welcome to the site. There are a couple reports on brush hollow in the reports section, to get you started. There are also alot of people here that can make more suggestions.
If you are fishing from shore I would start in the first corner of the dam next to the parking lot. If you looking to catch the cutbows they recently stocked, powerbait and salmon eggs will catch them for you. I used black curly tail grubs when I was there and caught some nice ones.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
do you plan on fishing the hollow much, i hope to be fishing down there more this year maybe ill see ya down there

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i hope to lol tha depends on if i can get down there lol that and really dont know much about trouting so trying to learn

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
there are better places for trout, the hollow is where i go for warm water fish like cats bass crappie and walleye even perch and other panfish. but there seams to be plenty of stocked trout also. from what ive seen here the crappie are doing better this year, i hope to get down ther soon id love to get into a school of them crappie with the old 3wt

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you want real fun for crappie try an ultra light rod reel with 2lb test and live bait we used to fish that way back home al the time and a guy i used to fish with caught a 12 lb largemouth on that rig lol 4 hours of fighting lolthe best days are spent drowning worms

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i fish probably 90% with ultralight 2lb or less. my big cutt from lily came on 2lb

but i do enjoy waveing the long rod every now and then

1 - 10 of 10 Posts