1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cowboys Wide Receiver Flagged for Saggy Pants at Dallas Mall

Published March 23, 2011

Reuters

Dallas authorities threw a flag on a Cowboys wide receiver for wearing his pants too low, MyFoxDFW.com reports.

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was issued a criminal trespass warning for exposing his underwear and buttocks to patrons at the NorthPark center Saturday night.

Off-duty officers reportedly asked Bryant and his friends to pull up their pants, but the NFL player responded with profanity, according to the website.

"What the [expletive] are you stopping me, like I stole something," Bryant was quoted as saying, according to WFAA.com.

Dallas police issued a statement saying: "The outcome could have been avoided if the parties involved had simply complied with instructions given by the involved officers."

Police tell MyFoxDFW.com that Bryant's "representative" showed up and persuaded the young receiver.

Bryant told ESPN.com that it was a misunderstanding.

"It really wasn't me in the wrong," he told the website.

This wasn't the first incident at the mall Bryant has been involved in. There was a "major disturbance" at a restaurant involving a woman, a parking violation and cutting in line at a store, according to WFAA.com.

The Dallas Cowboys have not commented on the incident.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/03/23/cowboys-wide-receiver-flagged-saggy-pants-dallas-mall/?test=latestnews

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you think it's a ridiculous law?

I don't like seeing somebody walking around with the top of their trousers at the bottom of their boxers.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
It is rediculous because folks can walk around in bikinis and biker shorts with no shirts but if a dude want to have his pants sag, he is a criminal... I Don't care for the look myself, but a person certainly should not be considered a criminal for having his pants sag... waste of time/money/resources.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
theo9805 said:
because it's a fashion, a fad (yes, a stupid one...) but you can't see skin. just because you don't like how it looks doesn't mean it should be outlawed. i hate those puffy jackets w/o the arms (life jackets...) but that doesn't mean they should be outlawed.
This^^^^^

Oyey said:
And he is an idiot for not complying with a police officer.
And also this ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
theo9805 said:
sswan said:
Why do you think it's a ridiculous law?

I don't like seeing somebody walking around with the top of their trousers at the bottom of their boxers.
because it's a fashion, a fad (yes, a stupid one...) but you can't see skin. just because you don't like how it looks doesn't mean it should be outlawed. i hate those puffy jackets w/o the arms (life jackets...) but that doesn't mean they should be outlawed.
But the report said
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was issued a criminal trespass warning for exposing his underwear and buttocks to patrons at the NorthPark center Saturday night.
I read that as him showing skin. If that's the case, he's prolly lucky he didn't get an indecent exposure charge too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts