Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im a 23 y/o angler who loves to fish. I dream and talk about fishing almost everyday. I bore my wife on a daily basis with my fishing stories and I constantly read and watch fishing things. One problem though, I don't catch very many fish. I go to Pueblo state park often but I do not have a boat and people tell me the bank fishing is possible but extremely difficult. I don't have the greatest gear but I have enough to hold my own. I ussually fish with one of my friends who is at the same level as me. In short i'm just looking for someone to show me the ropes of lake pueblo and how to fish it this time of the year. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
it's not impossable to tame pueblo from the shore, but it will take a lot of work on your part to learn what where and when. this time of year a good head lamp is your best friend and rogues are your next best friend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I've been up for a while but what do you mean by rogue and head lamp? And yes pueblo is a hard place to tame from shore but i will be sure not to let it discourage me. :tongue:

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
P town sucks
Head to quail

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
You can catch fish from shore all along the shoreline at Pueblo..Get yourself some quarter and three eighths ounce jig heads..some tubes..twister tails and gulp minnows..Just walk the shoreline..cast and jig it back..vary your retrieve from a good hop to a slow drag along the bottom...depending upon what they want..watch your line..they'll hit on the fall..set the hook..I'd say ninety five percent of my fishing is with nothing but jigs and plastics. You won't need anything else...and they're cheap.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Sorry I've been up for a while but what do you mean by rogue and head lamp? And yes pueblo is a hard place to tame from shore but i will be sure not to let it discourage me. :tongue:
Rogue = Smithwick Rogue, a type of jerkbait. Both suspending and floating versions can be very effective.

Headlamp = fish at night!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts