Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Skaguay a week ago with my son. I'll cut to the chase and tell you that the fishing sucked big time for us, gunning for pike but saw no signs of life at all. The funny thing was this: I was trying out a new hut. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I get lazy and lay my knife in my lap as I'm sitting there tying knots and such. I rig up my son, then me. For some reason I felt compelled to stand up. I did just that and ploop, into the water something drops. I knew immediately it was my knife. Almost simultaneously my rod tip starts dipping. I'm thinking... fish on, yes! I reel it in the short amount of line and see that my knife acually landed on my freaking jig and got hooked! Couldn't believe it. The 2nd luckiest thing that ever happened to me (the first involved fishing as well). Anyway, later on I did the same thing and wasn't so lucky. :( I'm a slow learner. In addition, my son was scooting slush into his hole as we were packing up to leave. He lost track of the hole and stuck his whole R leg into the hole. Freakied him out, then he got cold as H. Good thing we were leaving.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ahh, life on the ice. :) Lost a few things down the old hole, as well as my pride some days. Good post, thanks, fun to read.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts