Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a belly boat recently. It has one of  those inflatable seats and I'm thinking of putting some short oars on it for bigger lakes. I'm considering something more substantial, though, and I was wondering about those inflatable boats/kayaks that are substantial enough to take on whitewater (not that I would). Do any of you have experience with them? I am talking about those in the low to mid hundreds. Sure would be a lot more portable to those mountain lakes than a kayak or pontoon would be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have rented the white water rated inflatable kayaks before and yes they will hold up to a lot of punishment, things that would destroy an alum. conoe. sorry i have no idea what the price tag was on it though, but i bet it was top of the line. not fammiliar with the ones in your price range.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have a Pelican kayak and just love it. I use it on smaller lakes and ponds and its very stable. Its a sit on top(SOT) not a sit within. This, I think is far more practical for fishing. It paddles great. I have a small anchor because these will get blown around pretty easy. And its very portable-only weighs 36 lbs. I got mine a PepBoys for $269 which is about as cheap as they come. Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts