Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was up at Twin Lakes this weekend and I only caught one rainbow. There were six of us fishing and that was the only fish caught. The camp host said that it has been slow some days and really good others. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well My dad and I are leaving thursday night and wont be back till sunday. We are going to turquoise so lets see what we get. Any suggestions on what to try and different techniques

·
Registered
103 Posts
try toward the inlet area, there are a series of sunken islands about half way up there so stick close to the real steep bluff until you get past the old car then you will be in a good area for numbers when you get out of the deep channel and see the bigger boulders, pink taz devils are good choice for trolling there, I have never had too much action jigging anywhere close to the dam there and get the boat out of the water if (when) it gets windy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks every bit of info is appreciated. But I dont think we are bringing the boat. My dad can't find a hitch to put on the 5th wheel trailer since we are bringing that up there.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Then drive over the dam and continue up the road until you come to the inlet. The river coming in should be flowing pretty good and I believe the reservoir is pretty low so you might have to walk a little ways, not too far, to get to water. Try fishing around where the inlet enters the lake. Throw some spoons, rapalas, or even power bait. The lakers should be up shallow since the ice just came off about two weeks ago. I would think the fishing is really good right now. I usually hit Turquoise this time of year, but have not had the pleasure of doing so yet this spring. We usually catch tons of laker pups jigging up towards the inlet, but have done well on the above mentioned baits as well. A buddy of mine took a nice 30 lb laker out of there about three years back. There are some GRANDEs in there, but more pups than anything. Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts