Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at Aurora today. One of the guys next to me was raving about using a syringe to inject air into the nightcrawlers. This seems like a good idea to get them to float, but I have a questions regarding the legality of using them. If a Ranger of Police officer was to find this, wouldn't it be considered drug paraphanalia. This guy was using a medical syringe like you would find at a hospital. Also, has anybody ever tried this? Does it work? Where can you buy them?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
We use these all the time. And yes they work, Alot better than the ones made for fishing use. The ones made for fishing use are to big and the hole it makes is so big the air just comes right out. We got ours years ago at walmart. As for the rangers busting you...I wouldnt worry about it.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Im with Jay on this one, they work better and anyone seeing worm guts on the syringe would probably relieze you werent injecting yourself with it.

If you are worried about this they make floating jig heads they I like better then air filled worms, which can accomplish the same thing.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Been doing it for years. Pumping up worms can be killer on trout and walleye. Just don't stick yourself and pump you finger full of worm guts.

·
Registered
699 Posts
in AZ we have done it for years as well is killer for whites and bass and cats to and the only time i have seen a ranger a bit upset was when i had a little baggy of gitit salt for some of my plastics lol i used to get that stuff from the gitzit guys lol he had a fit till i told him it was salt and he did a preemptive drug test on it

·
Registered
127 Posts
it does work well enough they outlawed it in calif. but then again they outlaw everything in calif. anyhow I use one that is like an eyedrop bottle it does leave a pretty big hole but enough air stays in it to make the worm float.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
liquorbox said:
it does work well enough they outlawed it in calif.  but then again they outlaw everything in calif. anyhow I use one that is like an eyedrop bottle  it does leave a pretty big hole but enough air stays in it to make the worm float.
ive used that in CA for years and never seen a reg prohibiting it could you post a link?

another trick i like it to put a little "sauce" in the injection bottle and then put some of the sent into the worm along with the air it some times makes the difference. this works good to put scent into tube baits also

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've done this for years now as well. I noticed it works best in choppy water and caught a lot of wiper on worms this way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts