Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the old lady inspectors at Chatfield asked me if I had a dog on my boat.

I told her no but asked why she would ask. I thought maybe she had dog treats or something.

Turns out she wanted to inspect between my dog's toe's for mud snails.

:thumb:

Tax payer dollars at work.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
She's doing her job well i'm thinking-

Had the old dude at Atown the other day never looked in the livewell, never made me drop my motor, didn't do his job at all-

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Had the old dude at Atown the other day never looked in the livewell, never made me drop my motor, didn't do his job at all-

Her job is to inspect dogs now?

But only dogs that were out on boats? Not the 500 dogs that go to the Dog park at Chatfield and run through the river and ponds full of ANS?

I have nothing against the inspectors or inspections but only if they make sense.

As for the guy at Atown not checking your stuff. It really shouldn't matter when you come off the lake.

Since there are no infected waters in Colorado checking your live well and lowering your motor isn't going to make any difference.

If you go anywhere but Atown as soon as they see your tag they will inspect you going in anyway.

A little common sense would go a long way.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts

They never check anything at Atown, just slap on a seal and run back to their shack.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The last one that got real serious with me at Granby I went ahead and nicely explained the fact that his job really didn't matter and the whole program there is useless.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Our very existence on this planet is basically useless if you think about it-

·
Registered
625 Posts
The last one that got real serious with me at Granby I went ahead and nicely explained the fact that his job really didn't matter and the whole program there is useless.
I'm sure that set him straight. I always appreciated when I was just trying to do my job and someone took the time to tell me how wrong I was.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
my dog swims in pueblo a lot and I don't let him swim at the dock so he never gets inspected, the question is do they inspect dogs in boats before launch and do they put seals on dogs after inspection

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Cant help but chime in on this topic to share this picture of a seal I got earlier this year at Chatfield:

Notice anything wrong?

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
good one Kyle you should send that to the CPW to show how their inspectors do their jobs. I got inspected at JM one day and the inspector never left the window of the truck , I had to break the seal for the boat to float off and no one there when we came off

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Chatfield made me go through decon the other day because I said I was at DeWeese and that they don't inspect boats on SWA. He never heard of DeWeese or SWA's

·
Registered
3 Posts
They stopped a WI boat from launching a couple of weeks ago at Granby. There were zebras on the hull.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
They stopped a WI boat from launching a couple of weeks ago at Granby. There were zebras on the hull.
That's cool although it wouldn't have mattered since after 5 years of tests mussels can't live in Granby due to water quality issues. After multiple tests by Colorado Northern putting live mussels in a controlled area in Granby water they were dead within days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts