Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are three records for Master Angler caliber fish from Spinney Mtn. Reservoir for January of 2017 for one individual. Two for trout, one for pike. How is that possible? Is the month listed just when they applied for the title and not necessarily when it was caught?

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can submit as many fish as you'd like to master angler. They will send you a patch and a certificate for the fish, all it states is 1 patch per year. But for every fish you submit you still get the certificate. Check out previous years for 2016 on the first page one guy has like 7 master angler fish.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
You can submit as many fish as you'd like to master angler. They will send you a patch and a certificate for the fish, all it states is 1 patch per year. But for every fish you submit you still get the certificate. Check out previous years for 2016 on the first page one guy has like 7 master angler fish.
Did you read his post at all? ROFL :biggrin1::biggrin1:>:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ya I did here ya go,
You can submit more than one a month. You have 60 days from time it's caught to enter it. But when I sent one of mine in I caught it in May, and submitted it in July they put it down as caught in May.
Does that help Oyey

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think you're missing or might not be aware of the point of his question....Spinney is closed to all fishing ice on to ice off....Nov-april.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
There are three records for Master Angler caliber fish from Spinney Mtn. Reservoir for January of 2017 for one individual. Two for trout, one for pike. How is that possible? Is the month listed just when they applied for the title and not necessarily when it was caught?
For those of us that didn't realize Spinney was closed for fishing during winter it appears whomp was asking a couple questions.

1) Two for trout, one for pike. How is that possible?

In other words how can one person have more than one master angler submission.

This is how I read the question and how fishinghunter14 replied.

2) Is the month listed just when they applied for the title and not necessarily when it was caught?

This is self explanatory.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes I did not know spinney closed in the winter. So now the questions make more sense.
So I guess he was trespassing,
My apologies everyone I thought this was a master angler question vs a trespassing issue l, but looks like CPW was also unaware since they have 3 illegal taking of fish charges in writing with witnesses and photos

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
It's when they process it. Not when caught
So if the person caught the fish in oct then sent in the MA stuff around November then the cpw processed it in dec for some reason when they add it to the their website it will be when they processed it. Not the date on the paperwork
Run on sentence but you get the point (hopefully)
On the phone

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just wondering how a guy could have master angler awards for the month of January at spinney when it's closed in January.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's when they process it. Not when caught
So if the person caught the fish in oct then sent in the MA stuff around November then the cpw processed it in dec for some reason when they add it to the their website it will be when they processed it. Not the date on the paperwork
Run on sentence but you get the point (hopefully)
On the phone
That answers it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It'd be nice to see when exactly it was caught. You can have a pretty good idea where they're caught in the body of water and you can figure out when they're around.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It'd be nice to see when exactly it was caught. You can have a pretty good idea where they're caught in the body of water and you can figure out when they're around.
That's what I was thinking. It would make more sense but would probably be more work for the people that handle it, I guess. Not that much more, though. If they have to send it in within two month, though, i guess that gives us an idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts