Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my name is shawn and i live out in parker.i think its pretty friggin sweet that i found this site today.i do alot of fishin all over colorado and have found that this is a great state to do it in.
formerly from massachussetts,this place kicks tail.
i wouldnt be surprised if any of you guys have seen me around.i usually hang out the ice at chat or the creek.
glad to be here fellas
shawn ;D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i chase pike.its actually my nickname that my fishn buddies gave me cause i always look for em.through the ice or open water.being from mass,that is what we were after.in colorado they are kinda hard to find.seems as if the DOW doesnt like pike.
shawn

·
Banned
487 Posts
PIKER said:
yes i chase pike.its actually my nickname that my fishn buddies gave me cause i always look for em.through the ice or open water.being from mass,that is what we were after.in colorado they are kinda hard to find.seems as if the DOW doesnt like pike.
shawn
The CDOW hates them and tries to get rid of them. They use pike as a scapegoat and to cover their own behinds for poor management.
You should start fighting the CDOW because the future of our pike fishing depends on getting rid of this attitude and those who would harm our pike.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Piker - Keep fishing for thos pike. There are some great pike fisheries in the state with many of them yeilding pike over 20 pounds. They get pressured quite a bit, but if you hit the bite right you could be in business. Don't fish for them much on the front range, but fish for them quite a bit on the Western Slope: Stagecoach res, Williams Fork res, 11-Mile res, Spinney res, Harvey gap & Rifle gap would be best options.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive also noticed that the durango area has alot of pike water but dang thats far from parker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts