Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Sorry, I have had family in town and have not been online...

I grew up on Myrtle Grove Sound, halfway between Wrightsville and Carolina Beach, in Southeastern NC (Cape Fear!!!). Have done some fishing in Oregon Inlet but it is a hike from Wilmington. Did mostly inshore (reds, trout, flounder, drum) and King Mackerel fishing from the beach to +/-35 miles out. The Gulf Stream is also a hike from home at 40-55 miles depending on the flow. It certainly get much closer to the coast farther north (around Oregon Inlet). I have almost had to hide my cousin's page on Facebook because it is tough to see all of the fish that he constantly posts pictures about from Oregon Inlet... I have had the privelage of a couple of Bluefin tuna trips out of Morehead and when it is hot, it is hot! ... can't watch Tuna Wars right now, makes me homesick, especially the NC episodes!

Discussion starter · #24 ·
So I understand that I have to have a second rod stamp to fish 2 rods. Does that mean that if 2 people have the stamp, you can run 4 rods?

I was planning on a minimum of 4, maybe 6. It is easy to stack 4 on the 2 downriggers and run 2 planer rods inside of that... so I will have to have 3 people in the boat?!?

Jez guys, we run 8 easy with 4 on the outriggers and 4 in the cockpit...

you have your math right, and it is legal to have 4 going with 2 anglers, both with 2 rod stamps... If you have the skills to go more, and have more anglers, by all means.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.