Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ion auger for sale only owned 2 months great condition a few chips of paint on the bit but still new and new blades on it recently. Great auger for its weight. And comes with battery and battery case. $450, 530 plus tax anywhere else, 970threeseventwoseveneightseveneight.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good auger. I wouldn't sell it, but you probably have your reasons.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
A new Ion is actually $500 shipped, no tax, via Amazon Prime. I saw $480 from a quick google shopping search.
Why you gotta bust his balls? :mad::D OK, seriously, good luck to you both as seller and potential buyer.

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
LMAO! You use to be a used car salesman didn't ya Tom? LOL!

·
Registered
936 Posts
certain ice fishing gear definitely holds its value. Used augers and flashers do not depreciate as much as most merchandise.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Nope always been a blue collar type of guy. Some of the for sale stuff on this site you would think its a used car lot. :smile: Guess retail Pete rubbed off on everyone.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I'm not busting his balls, he's the one who said a new one is
530 plus tax anywhere else
and that is complete horse ****.

And I am not negotiating. I would shell out $30 for one that hasn't been mysteriously fondled for 2 months and required "new blades recently" in that short, yet evidently passionate, time.
:D

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Besides you can build one with a Ridgid drill and the Clamplate and a 7" bit for half that-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I'm not busting his balls, he's the one who said a new one is and that is complete horse ****.

And I am not negotiating. I would shell out $30 for one that hasn't been mysteriously fondled for 2 months and required "new blades recently" in that short, yet evidently passionate, time.
Tough cookie! :p

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just seeing if anyone wanted to buy it, no sense in everyone getting all worked up, I was selling it for 450 which is 50 bucks off and a 10 dollar battery bag, if you don't want it then don't respond.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not busting his balls, he's the one who said a new one is and that is complete horse ****.

And it was treated very well and only new blades cause I wanted whoever got it to have new blades.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Nothing personal, man. It's just the way the "Buy and Sell" category rolls-

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The lowest I would go is 420 and that's 60 off from full retail at amazon and still in excellent condition and nothing wrong I don't need the money just want a gas for the amount of holes me and friends drill and the thickness of some of lakes tthat we frequent over 4 ft in the winter , I forgot it comes with the extension as well

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Going from electric to gas... seems like most guys do just the opposite!
Man, I gotta tell ya, you're right. I've never owned an ION, but I've used a few. I can't keep my damn gas running (idling) to save my life.

ION > Gas all day, every day. And much lighter too.

I will say this though, Eskimo better get their head out of their ass, for what they're asking for those things new, you can build a badass auger with a Milwaukee Fuel drill set up, and have extra cash for beer and bait! But seriously, I have a Clam Plate with a shitty Ryobi drill, and it's good for 8-10" of local ice. With an upgraded drill, I could use it in 15"+ easily. That whole set up cost me just over $250. It's no ION, but it does the job.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts