·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
...Or has Adam Schefter become the TMZ of the football world?
Nope. It's not just you. Virtually all of what he does any more as "ESPN's NFL Insider" is simply repeat gossip.

I used to think he was legit when he was in Denver, too. I was just thinking this morning how far he seems to have fallen from real sports journalism.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
It's not about jounalism...it's about breaking the "news"...Toss enough crap at the wall...and some of it sticks...and then promote the heck out of the stuff that does, and that's what people remember...It's a nice gig.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
All news outlets manufacture news anymore. I was reading the sports section in the Denver Post yesterday, and one of the first stories was how are the past Broncos doing? It was a story that talked about Ryan Torain, B. Marsh, and Peyton Hillis, and their seasons. I guess my thought is who cares? For how long do we need to read about the ex broncos. Really? McDaniels is gone, the season is over, we all know it was a failure season. Let it go already, but they like to create news! It's BS!

Jim

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
There was a time I thought he'd become the heir apparent to John Clayton as the most reputable source for "insider" stuff. Anymore I think it's a joke. Ever since the raiders called him out, he's kinda fallen from grace.

Speaking of, where the hell is John Clayton? Haven't seen his bookworm looking self in a long time...

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
§limer said:
There was a time I thought he'd become the heir apparent to John Clayton as the most reputable source for "insider" stuff. Anymore I think it's a joke. Ever since the raiders called him out, he's kinda fallen from grace.

Speaking of, where the hell is John Clayton? Haven't seen his bookworm looking self in a long time...

Got a mirror handy???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts