Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. Going camping tomorrow and might try nightfishing for trout. If so what do I use and how do I do it?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Try worms on the bottom, white power bait, even marshmellows. Make sure you put a bell on the end of your pole or keep it in your hand or some eager trout will take it.

TH

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
where are you going?

iv only caught a few after dark at deweese but just slayed em at brush hollow after dark ?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I read this book about this guy who used to fish Dillon Reservoir at night with a streamer and bubble and just nail monster browns. I forget how he rigged it, but I do remember he used a VERY slow retrieve. So it seems like if there are browns where you're fishing, night time could be good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some of my biggest fish have come @ night in a float tube slow retrieving streamers, wooly buggers, leeches and the like with a flyrod. If not a flyrod, try casting or trolling rapala's close to shore...I'd think slower is better, but the fish will tell.
Night fishing in a float tube will require a white light visible in all directions, depending on the body of water. That presents some problems with fly casting...you'll need to mind your backcast a bit more.

good luck, Stan.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Nighttime is the best time to fish for big trout at 11-Mile during open water. Crawfish molt their shells at night in shallow water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts