Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello All, I am new to the board, enjoy all the posts.

I fished spinny on Thanksgiving morning. Should be open thru the weekend. I arrived about 8:00am. Only had a couple of hours to fish. The North shore was iced over. Some ice around 60 percent of the shore along the edges. Open water along most of the parking areas to the South boat ramp. There were three boats on the lake. I fished from shore near the South boat ramp.

Started off with a nymph rig. Did not have any action except for a big Rainbow that took my indicator down. Switched to a black bugger. Had numerous follows. Caught two smaller Rainbows. Had most follows when the retrive was slow and consistant. The fish would follow it all the way into shore. The two fish I caught hit about 3" out. I wish I could have stayed longer as the day warmed. Tough fishing with the bugger as my guide were constantly icing solid.

I

·
0 Posts
Trouthunter was up at the dream stream for a couple of days on wendsday and thursday with fishinguitars and did very well, My cousin caught a 8 1/2 rainbow, it might have been a cutbow but we were way to excited anyway I talked with the guys at the chapparel general store that bait shop right there and they said at least another week or two and with the warmer weather up there maybe a little longer.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks All,

I will get one more trip in and report. Irishman did you take any pics of that 81/2 pounder...just want to get my blood pumping before we go up there.

TH

I

·
0 Posts
Ya trouthunter I did take some awsome pics of it but there on fishingguitars.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I fished Spinney the day after Thanksgiving. I fly fished from the shore by the 1st parking lot. The catching was fast and furious before the sun came up and about an hour later but I think I frost bit 2 finger tips. It was also a hassle chipping ice out of the guides every 2 to 3 casts. The weird thing was though I caught lots of fish, there were no big ones. Most were about 12" and the biggest about 15". All were on black woolly buggers and hares ear droppers. About 20% of the lake was iced up. I'd be surprised if the lake lasts more than a week. John

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
John said:
The weird thing was though I caught lots of fish, there were no big ones. Most were about 12" and the biggest about 15".
The usually stock spinney in the fall so that the stockers have a chance to grow over the winter until spinney is open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts