Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what is next? We pretty much filled most of the places I fish back up last spring. Except Antero of course! Maybe this year? What about Bonny and Pueblo? Looks like the snow pack is off to a good start!

I am especially interested to see what was going on under the water at 11-MIle this summer? The flats and weed beds were filled this spring finally and I have a suspicion that the Pike got off a good spawn at both 11-Mile and Spinney? Saw lots of small pike and read lots of posts on this site about everyone catching them! I wonder how the perch at 11-Mile did? I doubt they got off much off a spawn the two years before, with so much of the flats and weeds high and dry?

After that drought, I will never complain about snow and rain again!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Neal,
We may have snow but the drought isn't over...

Just drive down to Pueblo, Queens, John Martin...

just my 2 cents worth

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
It will take 2 or 3 more years of good snow pack and moderately wet rainy seasons for the reserviours to recover. IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
100 inch base at the ski resorts would be nice :p

·
Registered
935 Posts
Winter Park reports having had 120" of snow, and current 50+ inch base.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
ePiC said:
It will take 2 or 3 more years of good snow pack and moderately wet rainy seasons for the reserviours to recover. IMO.
3 years would be nice but im thinking more like 6-8 years

we got alot of places this way dry or real real low

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Man I hope Pueblo fills up next Spring. Even if it just came up 20 feet that would be nice. The bass and crappie have been devastated by the low water level. I still catch a lot of bass but they are mostly spotted bass. I have heard that they tend to spawn in deeper water. I don't think I have caught a large mouth in a while at Pueblo.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I tend to be conservative when it comes to government involvement...But I think it is irresponsible for cities like my own to relax water rules just yet! I'm of the persuasion that says 6-7 more for full recovery! My 2 pennies worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts