Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ice Williams fork all year and know time is running out. If I head out sometime in the next two weeks is it still gonna be ok. I have read about "soft ice" at other lakes and that is not for me. I need to cross this one off the list.

So many holes to drill.

So many fish to catch.

So little time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Williams fork Ice was bout 18 to 20 inches 10 days ago. I don't think it will be gone anytime soon. I am headed up that way on Saturday (3/4)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, I'd be interested in hearing how you guys do out there. This lake is also on my list, but it always seems to get oushed to the back burner. I love love to catch some pike thru the ice. Good luck fellas.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Allright then if the ice is safe I'll be there tomorrow morning. It will be my first time ice fishing here. Any one have any advice?

I think I'll start out the day around the inlet. Then in the afternoon head over to the east boat ramp. What do yall think?

Also I'm gonna need some suckers. I'm stuck at work all night. The fishing hole in Kremling opens at 8am. Any where between Fort Collins and the fork that opens earlier.

If I am driving from fort collins is it faster to take I-70 up berthod or to through walden and down?

Sorry for all the ????????
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts