Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Found the story.

Yep. Seems like a pissed-off Islamic crazy guy killed two airmen. I don't really understand your question, Steve. Does the Fox link claim that there are people who don't think it was the work of a pissed-off Islamic whack-job?

I almost wish I could click that link.....almost. ;D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some media outlets immediately condemned the Tuscon shooting as being a result of conservative rhetoric, without a scintilla of evidence.

And it turns out the hypothesis was completely unfounded.

This fiend shouted "Allahu Akabar" while murdering our airmen. Yet our State Department and much of the media are reluctant to say an act of terrorism has been committed against us.

Why is that?

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Maybe treating it as a murder(which it was), without giving the polarizing discourse on motive any unnecessary thought, is the correct course of action.

It would sure rob such acts of most of their power and perhaps their appeal.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
hummus cannonball said:
Maybe treating it as a murder(which it was), without giving the polarizing discourse on motive any unnecessary thought, is the correct course of action.

the man makes a strong point

W

·
0 Posts
sswan said:
Some media outlets immediately condemned the Tuscon shooting as being a result of conservative rhetoric, without a scintilla of evidence.

And it turns out the hypothesis was completely unfounded.

This fiend shouted "Allahu Akabar" while murdering our airmen. Yet our State Department and much of the media is reluctant to say an act of terrorism has been committed against us.

Why is that?
Because most of the media is comprised of weenies that do not want to offend anyone.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
hummus cannonball said:

Not that I disagree about the power of appeal to those who follow these crazies..

But fundamentally "motive" is key to understanding...then solving...a "murder."

D.J.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
djfisherman2 said:
hummus cannonball said:

Not that I disagree about the power of appeal to those who follow these crazies..

D.J.
I disagree. If the physical evidence is overwhelming, motive is unimportant. Motive+Opportunity often seem to be (wrongly)sufficient when physical evidence is lacking. However, I do not believe that clear motive is necessarily a criteria for conviction. There are plenty of cases where nobody has a clue WHY somebody did the deed.

I mostly blame twinkies.

Yakatut said:
hang this *******......and extradite Bush and Cheyney for war crimes.
I can get behind that, YAK.

·
Registered
844 Posts
We continue to treat the people who are charged with protecting this country like children when they are not on the battlefield.
Our service men and women should have better small arms training and be armed, at least those in security or combat arms, our border police should not have to sacrifice their lives shooting at armed smugglers with bean bags, they should also never be disarmed when they have to travel to a foreign country to help tin cup dictators keep control of their countrys.
One of those killed in Germany was a Senior Airman in Security Forces I don't know about the Airman who chased the killer down.
I'm sure there were many at Ft Hood who could have qualified to carry a gun.
We are at war against an idea that can come from anywhere at any time.

From the news story, sounds like the motive is clear.

Uka told authorities he had taken the FN 9mm pistol and two knives to the airport specifically to kill Americans “as revenge for the American mission in Afghanistan,” Griesbaum said.

He said a YouTube video he saw the day before the attack allegedly showing a raid on a home by U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan had inspired him to prevent “further cruelties.”

When he saw the busload of 16 airmen parked outside Terminal 2 awaiting transport to the nearby Ramstein Air Base, he approached one standing outside and, under the pretext of asking for a cigarette, asked if they were servicemen were on their way to Afghanistan.

“When he said yes, he shot the 25-year-old serviceman from behind in the head,” Griesbaum said.

Uka then stormed onto the bus, yelling “Allah Akbar!” — Arabic for “God is great!” — and shot the driver in the head, killing him as well, Griesbaum said.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
hummus cannonball said:
djfisherman2 said:
hummus cannonball said:

D.J.
I disagree. If the physical evidence is overwhelming, motive is unimportant. Motive+Opportunity often seem to be (wrongly)sufficient when physical evidence is lacking. However, I do not believe that clear motive is necessarily a criteria for conviction. There are plenty of cases where nobody has a clue WHY somebody did the deed.

I mostly blame twinkies.
That's why we live in a free country...for differing opinions. I've just rarely heard of a case where the motive of a crime (in this case murder) is completely unimportant though? Could be wrong though..

D.J.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts