1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
DanDANthefisherman said:
I've got the State Regs!
Just heard there was a new limit at Horsetooth
A. Daily Bag, Possession Limits and size limits:
1. Daily bag and possession limits – except as otherwise provided in these regulations for certain waters, the daily bag and possession limits will be as follows:
Species
Daily Bag and Possession Limit (except as otherwise noted)
c. Walleye, Saugeye, Sauger:
--5 fish in the aggregate

170. Horsetooth Reservoir - Larimer County
a. Fishing is prohibited in the inlet area as posted from March 15 through May 31.
b. The minimum size for smallmouth bass is 12 inches in length.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Fishful Thinker said:
Not until April 1 though! That's when the new regs go into effect, along with the new license period and regulation books. CL
According to the DOW site - it went into effect Jan1st

New Regulations Effective Jan. 1, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Division of Wildlife is reminding anglers across Colorado that new fishing regulations took effect Jan. 1. The new regulations were developed through an extensive public process last summer and fall as part of the Division's five-year review of fishing regulations in the state.

New statewide regulations include a prohibition on transporting bait fish between bodies of water and on transporting crayfish on the Western Slope. Additionally, to protect native and endangered fish populations in the Colorado and San Juan River basins, a number of creeks, streams and rivers now allow for unlimited take of non-native fish.

·
Registered
319 Posts
To many Walleye all the same size...17-18" walleye are pushin 7-8 years old...want to thin them out so they can get bigger...to much competition for food source between all the juviniles.

Mogul and I kept 6 - 18 to 19" last October and let me tell ya....man were they good eaten!!!!!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Has limits bin done changed at tha lake?

I's a gunna done go an get me some den, son!

Does the mans' cares' what I gets 'em wit?

'Course not! He done got all smiley wit' da moon-shine down in yonder holler!

Yea-Haw!

SS

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hmmm...the press release isn't congruent with the "regulation period" but it's probably a moot point given that the lake is now closed to boating until April 1.

I let a bunch of eater size walleyes swim away this last weekend based on my understanding of the regulation period... Doh! CL

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
EFFECTIVE DATE - THESE REGULATIONS SHALL BECOME EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2011 AND SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT UNTIL REPEALED, AMENDED OR SUPERSEDED.
APPROVED AND ADOPTED BY THE WILDLIFE COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO THIS 12th DAY OF NOVEMBER, 2010.
APPROVED:
Tim Glenn
Chairman

Source: http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/279EA0CB-C63F-4B49-8150-8B1DD38FB390/0/Ch01.pdf - p. 61

P.S. No, I'm not "shouting". I just copied and pasted. Blame the DOW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts