Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the behavior during and absolutely after the President's speech was so disrespectful of the lives lost...This was not about him or politics, this was about the tragic loss of life in AZ on Saturday but the crowd acted like it was the convention. This is a disgusting display of politics!

·
Registered
844 Posts
WTF did you expect?? sunshine and lollipops. Look at how the libs in politics and the press have behaved. Not an ounce of class in the whole bunch.
Are you watching MSNBC?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CNN but i turned it off..This is not an election rally, it is supposed to be solemn occasion to remember and mourn..."to everything there is a season...a time to mourn." As someone who has conducted memorial services/funerals this is disrespectful!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
The words that the President, Cabinet members, and others spoke were measured and dignified. The pep rally nature of the event was due to the venue. It was a college campus facility filled with students who are ardent and exhuberant devotees.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sswan said:
The words that the President, Cabinet members, and others spoke were measured and dignified. The pep rally nature of the event was due to the venue. It was a college campus facility filled with students who are ardent and exhuberant devotees.
Sorry SS this was a political rally...even his attempt at tears was Disingenuous!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I think you're wrong.

I believe that at least the President and the Cabinet members thought it awkward. It appeared so to me at least from the nonverbals.

The university president seemed to inject some partisianship in his introductory remarks before the President spoke, but I expect that from a university president introducing a politician whom he most likely supports fervently.

Again, consider the audience. A bunch of 20-something Obama voters who'd been winding up for this all day...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sswan said:
I think you're wrong.

I believe that at least the President and the Cabinet members thought it awkward. It appeared so to me at least from the nonverbals.

The university president seemed to inject some partisianship in his introductory remarks before the President spoke, but I expect that from a university president introducing a politician whom he most likely supports fervently.

Again, consider the audience. A bunch of 20-something Obama voters who'd been winding up for this all day...
SS I agree that there were a number of kids who voted for him but it does not make it any less disrespectful...One of the funerals that I was a part of was in a gymnasium and the speakers all had speeches not unlike the cabinet and president but the audience did not applaud but instead paused and reflected! Perhaps someone could have said something to set the tone for the inexperienced young folks...Michelle Obama even laughed when one of these wound up young folks yelled for her husband...In the end disrespectful...This is not about my politics as no one knows how I voted on '08...

·
Registered
297 Posts
welcome to america. common decency and morality has waved bye-bye to our great nation a long time ago, didn't you get the memo?

"I’m an American, I need a blowjob and a pizza
So I’ll overthrow you for oil, Mastercards, and Visas" - ill bill

·
Registered
844 Posts
Watched a rerun and it was pretty disgusting. I would have had a hard time sitting through that if I had a family member involved.
Kinda reminded me of the Wellstone funeral a couple yrs ago.
If it is to be blamed on young people who do we blame for the way they behaved?

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
Watched a rerun and it was pretty disgusting. I would have had a hard time sitting through that if I had a family member involved.
Blame Palin...Who else?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
Blame Palin...Who else?
Well the Blame Bush option never really worked for them, so they had to move on to someone for recent.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
sswan said:
Exactly, and everything a politician on the opposite side of one's views does not have to be seen with critical eyes...,

Same crap with Sarah Palin... these idiots suggesting she had something to do with it because of a stupid map...

It is crap like this post that makes me so mad... Folks cannot even try to be positive... If you listened to the whole speech, it was heartfelt and positive. You can't go in there and act like the world is coming to an end and everyone should live in fear. He is promoting triumph which is exactly the attitude we need in our country.

Instead, you have to once again find a way to be negative. Shame on you foo.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
sswan said:
I think you're wrong.

I didnt see it only sound bites but I cant imagine Swannie being in Obamas corner on anything...that is good enough for me as far as who was injecting the partisianship...and I dislike all politicians...so I aint on either ones side!...

·
Registered
844 Posts
I thought the Gonzales Blessing was a little over the top, I'm not sure about the numbers but I think the Yaqui religion was in the serious, as in non existent minority in the victims and it was poor judgement to have somebody blessing snakes and slithery things.
Part pep rally part pagan worship service ???
I will say BHO did a pretty fair job but I didn't care for the media elevating his speach to that of Clinton and Bush after the OKC and WTC attacks.
The crowd wasn't his fault so far as I know but I think in baseball terms,his was a base hit compared to Regan hitting out of the park at Challenger memorial service.

·
Registered
52 Posts
IMO the whole thing is grandstanding by politicians (puke) to bring attention to themselves, as usual. How many times in a month does this kind of thing happen to the average Joe? And does the President, Governor or any politician attend a service? Ya, we may get a report on the nightly news for a day or two but not a week long ordeal. I feel for the victim's families, they deserved better.

·
Registered
978 Posts
It was a bad venue to have a memorial service, but I don't blame Obama. I think he was a little uncomfortable with all the cheering & the pep rally atmosphere. This whole thing has been sad, I read today that the little girl was born on 9-11-2001.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Oyey said:
sswan said:
Exactly, and everything a politician on the opposite side of one's views does not have to be seen with critical eyes...,

Same crap with Sarah Palin... these idiots suggesting she had something to do with it because of a stupid map...

It is crap like this post that makes me so mad... Folks cannot even try to be positive... If you listened to the whole speech, it was heartfelt and positive. You can't go in there and act like the world is coming to an end and everyone should live in fear. He is promoting triumph which is exactly the attitude we need in our country.

For the record, this was directed at lucky7... piss poor attitude.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Oyey said:
sswan said:

I agree. Until we can get beyond all the finger pointing and partisan crap, we will not move forward in this country.

To me, the situation we have in politics is like what a divorce lawyer often does: highlights all the differences and disagreements to between you and your spouse to get you fired up and feel like you're standing up for yourself while all the time THEY are making big bucks on your divisiveness. We can't afford to fall into that trap.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
work2fish said:
Oyey said:
sswan said:

I agree. Until we can get beyond all the finger pointing and partisan crap, we will not move forward in this country.

To me, the situation we have in politics is like what a divorce lawyer often does: highlights all the differences and disagreements to between you and your spouse to get you fired up and feel like you're standing up for yourself while all the time THEY are making big bucks on your divisiveness. We can't afford to fall into that trap.
At least someone gets it... so many just want it to be a war, when we are supposed to be on the same side.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts