Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I went Saturday PM. I know the economy is bad, BUT what is going on? !5.00 to get in , a lot less vendors, felt ripped off. Used to spend 2-3 hours left in 1 hour. Sports authority And Sportsmans warehouse not there anymore. Last time I will go

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Yeah, the representation from Colorado people was sadly lacking. BUT, for the first time ever, We had to actually wait in a LONG line Thursday at Noon to get in. So, someone is still going.
It has become more and more "what the hell am I looking at' type show, anymore. But, when you think about it, who, really, in Colorado, has a marketable resort type of product to sell? Mostly Hunting outfitters, as I observed. And a bunch of "overseas destination" type fishing adventures.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I though there was more goods(not all fishing/hunting related) for sale at this years show, seemed like more fly shops showed up with flies to sell, the fly rods were there in force. They have fly casting ponds, I wonder how hard it would be for them to setup a casting pond for other gear and lure testing. I got to cast 4 un-named fly rods marked a, b, c, and d, along with multiple other casters at different skill levels. I gave my input, they were all 4 piece 5wt rods all under the $150 price tag with warranties, Kirk Deeter will be doing a field and stream blog posting about the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts