Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I saw several BIG slimers (16 to 20 inch) pulled out of the Gravel Pit on opening day, 3-15. I was amazed to see anything at all come out of the most overfished free lake in town

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
They throw a lot of spent brooders from the hatchery in there. It's why it gets pressured so hard... That and the other forum constantly puts it on blast.... Which I'm ok with, lol. You can only fish half the lake anyways...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Fishing like most anything else, the more you do it the better you get.
The more knowledge you have of fishing different waters and tactics that work or don't along with the confidence experience gives is much more important than luck.
With that said luck is always a factor, beginners and lady luck sometimes outshine also.

·
Registered
910 Posts
“I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”
― Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
910 Posts
“Chance favors the prepared mind.“ – Louis Pasteur
“Depend on the rabbit’s foot if you will, but remember it didn’t work for the rabbit.“ – R.E. Shay
“Diligence is the mother of good luck.“ – Benjamin Franklin
“If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right.“ – Henry Ford
“In short, Luck’s always to blame.“ – Jean De La Fontaine
“Luck is the residue of design.“ – Branch Rickey
“Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.“ – Earl Wilson
“The only sure thing about luck is that it will change.“ – Wilson Mizner
“The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.“ – Harry Golden
“The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators.“ – Edward Gibbon

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Trial and error, time on the water is always a better teacher than luck.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
HEY I AM LUCKY TO GO FISHIN!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts