Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't even one Thanksgiving thread going! What is everyone's favorite part of the holiday? The Dinner? The football? The fishing?? ;D

Just curious what everyone does................for myself, I am watching ball all day tomorrow and then fishing the rest of the weekend!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
There isn't even one Thanksgiving thread going! What is everyone's favorite part of the holiday? The Dinner? The football? The fishing?? ;D
FAMILY!! Ordinarily Thanksgiving Day is my favorite day of the year with a huge family dinner with 40+ aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins kids, grandkids, etc. That's my favorite part. Family!!

Unfortunately we're not doing it this year for the first time ever. So that's a bummer. But we'll be back at it next year!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Deuceu72 said:
There isn't even one Thanksgiving thread going! What is everyone's favorite part of the holiday? The Dinner? The football? The fishing?? ;D
FAMILY!! Ordinarily Thanksgiving Day is my favorite day of the year with a huge family dinner with 40+ aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins kids, grandkids, etc. That's my favorite part. Family!!

Unfortunately we're not doing it this year for the first time ever. So that's a bummer. But we'll be back at it next year!!
Yea, all my family lives in another state, except for mom and dad, and they are with the family in another state! ;D

Good thing I have a friend coming for Thanksgiving so I'm not alone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,176 Posts
Love the family. Same offer as any year....anyone that doesn't have anywhere to spend Thanksgiving...and can put up with seventy to eighty guests... are more than welcome to come and share Thanksgiving with me and my family...The more the merrier...nothing fancy at all...Plenty of food..TV, Movies, Football, conversation...and you can even go fishing if you want...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
I get to meet my new girlsfriend's family for the first time...I know her younger sister, but only because I'm her teacher... I'm going to be out of my element but it's pretty serious with this girl...any recommendations for a nice gift for her Mom? If I had my choice I'd be on the water, but like GFYODF said, it's all about family tomorrow...I'll be trolling for the new family members that also like to wet a line, but it's hard to find anyone as crazy as I am about all things that swim.....Enjoy Thanksgiving CFF everyone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,554 Posts
hobiecat said:
Love the family. Same offer as any year....anyone that doesn't have anywhere to spend Thanksgiving...and can put up with seventy to eighty guests... are more than welcome to come and share Thanksgiving with me and my family...The more the merrier...nothing fancy at all...Plenty of food..TV, Movies, Football, conversation...and you can even go fishing if you want...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...!!!
x2 right there is where it's at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,176 Posts
TheAngryAngler said:
I get to meet my new girlsfriend's family for the first time...I know her younger sister, but only because I'm her teacher... I'm going to be out of my element but it's pretty serious with this girl...any recommendations for a nice gift for her Mom? If I had my choice I'd be on the water, but like GFYODF said, it's all about family tomorrow...I'll be trolling for the new family members that also like to wet a line, but it's hard to find anyone as crazy as I am about all things that swim.....Enjoy Thanksgiving CFF everyone!
Straight A's for little sis...is always a nice gift for a parent.. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
That's a very nice offer, hobie. If I weren't already committed I'd take you up on it.

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
TheAngryAngler said:
...any recommendations for a nice gift for her Mom?
A nice bouquet or arrangement with pretty Fall colors? Mothers always appreciate "that nice young man who brought flowers". ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
I am grateful that my youngest brother moved to Colorado last year, I like having family around. My family is still mostly in Mn, with my oldest brother in Texas. I would love to spend Thanksgiving in Mn, but they are all heading to Texas.

Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,649 Posts
I like pretty much everything about thanksgiving. I get to cook for my family (with some help, of course), I get to see them, and we get to remind ourselves what we have to be grateful about. It seems no matter how rough the year has been, we can always find something to be thankful for. This year, I have something extra to be thankful for. My son! ;D

Happy thanksgiving, everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
Wow a kindler gentler GoFindYourOwnDamnBouquet who knows how to charm mom...who'da figured...nice!...

One of these years Hobie I will make it...some idiot realtor sold me a house...still moving...ugh...

Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving everyone!!!...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,844 Posts
Happy thanksgiving everyone... I will spend my time with my large and beautiful family.

Z, congrats on the house (and a tiny apology for taking up a bit of your time)...

Peace and love to all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
Oyey said:
Happy thanksgiving everyone... I will spend my time with my large and beautiful family.

Z, congrats on the house (and a tiny apology for taking up a bit of your time)...

Peace and love to all.
Kewl on the large and beautiful family...

Tiny apology accepted...its more than I usually get!... :D

Thanks for the help with my home buying...you did help on numerous occasions!...for that I am Thankful!...

Happy Thanksgiving again to EVERYONE!!!...

Now treat each other the way you are supposed to!!!...

It really isnt that hard!...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
I'm doing the same again this year, working and then going out to dinner with hubby. But at least this year I don't have to close like I have all the other years I've been married. Love it for what it is. No family in state, so we just do the couple without kids thing and go
have a nice dinner somewhere. Besides, I have to be at work at the crack the next day, too. S'ok. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
Bruce Gillis said:
Jörmungandr said:
unfortunately due to issues... We won't be doing the drive to OK this year. So we decided to have a big thanksgiving dinner at our house and we are inviting all of our friends over who do not have family here. it's gonna be fun.

Sounds good, what time should Gofindyourowndamncranberrysauce and I be there?
Bwaahahahahahhhhaaa...now thats funny...make sure you youtube it!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top