Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a fantastic day of fishing today. Weather was perfect. Everything was biting. Everything caught casting. Ended up with more than seventy five crappie ... More than forty wiper...All around four pounds, but a lot of fun. Fifty or more white bass. A few small cats and a drum. Other than the flat tire on the way home..I couldn't have asked for a better day. All fish released.

The boat has been serving me well this spring. I've caught rainbows, browns, a pike, catfish, walleyes, white bass, wipers, large mouths, smallies, a drum and crappie out of it so far. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Nicely done! Are the drum any good to eat? Do they fight? I’ve never caught one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Drum are great fighters. Fight a lot like a big small mouth. I've heard they taste good. But, I've never eaten one.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Tight work Hobie, sounds like a dream day on the water, you just have to love it when the rod stays bent!
Bill
I would have had a few crappie travel home with me for Taco Tuesday!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very nice! I'm so jealous of the Drum! I cooked one last week and it's now my favorite fish to eat whole!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I've heard from a few people that like to eat drum. May have to give it a try sometime. I really love fishing in May. Always told my friends that Mother's day was the best day of the year for fishing. (Unless you're married with children..Think about using wisdom here.) Not many people at the lakes.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Drum does not eat well. Trust me-

Cook some up and take a big bite and you will know-

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts