Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad and I left Florissant this morning at 6am. Was on the ice at Tarryall at 7am. Started out by the inlet in 3 FOW with 2 feet of weeds. I caught 2. Ice was 10 inches there. Moved down by the boat ramp. Open water by both boat ramps and in the middle of res. 6 inches of ice by the boat ramp. Fished in 9 FOW. Dad got 2 and I got 7 more. Kept some for eating. See if there as good as the Elevenmile or Antero fish. One was 16 inches and fat, just like an 11-mile regular rainbow. Must say these are the biggest fish we've kept from Tarryall and the best I've done there in 2 years. On to Antero next week.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot! Had some new items to try. First was some spring tips I got at Wal-Mart for my medium weight ice rods. Thin piano wire. Worked pretty good. Next was my new Sorel boots I got from my wife as an early Christmas present. And last was the new Eskimo Mako 43cc auger. Our old Strikemaster died after 15 years of service. Man that new Eskimo shreds. 10 inch hole now instead of the 8 inch hole.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pike yet! Most pike we've caught at Tarrryall or Elevenmile have been when we been fishing for trout. Am gonna try just for pike at both reservoirs this year after reading Clint Walker's ice fishing for pike article over and over that was in Colorado Outdoors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts