Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my brother and we were out about 9 this morning. We went up to this pair of lakes just outside Henderson I think. I couldn't tell you the names of the lakes even if I wanted to. The weather was beautiful, the wind was calm, and the lake was still

We threw everything but the kitchen sink. Worms, cranks, jigs, spoons, chicken liver, shrimp, flavored corn, kielbasa lol. But never got a nibble. There had to have been 6-7 other little 1-2 man fishing parties around the lake, but we didn't see them catching anything either. 11:30 rolled around and we decided to pack it up and head somewhere else. All we caught from that lake was this gorgeous view

When we drove in, we noticed a little walking bridge on the north side of the lake. Just up over yonder we also saw cars, and what looked to be a permanent crapper. So we drove around and sure enough... There was another lake.

The wind had picked up a little bit, but was quite refreshing to counteract the warming from the sun. What was amazing, is that water in the first lake was nasty thick green color. You couldn't see 6 inches down. Now we swing around, and this other lake is connected to the first lake we were at from under that bridge. But the water was crystal clear. There was a lot of algae, but it hadn't stained the water one bit.
This was from the dock, and I'd say it was about 1 1/2 feet deep, It was this clear as far as you could see until it dropped off.

Same routine, we threw everything we had, and not a nibble. We wanted to think the lake was dead, because we hadn't seen any sign of life. Then one of us said "Come on, show me something!" and sure enough a huge fish jumped out of the water. Don't know what it was, but it was big. There were about 5-6 other little fishing groups on that lake as well, and people coming and going the whole time, But all we got from there was this ok view.

Left at about 2:30, ehh if I get motivated, I may hit up another lake this evening, but who knows.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, thats what we figured. We're not to heartbroken about the skunk. It was nice to get out, second trip for me, and first for my brother. He is just finishing up moving. So his schedule has been pretty crappy. By next week we'll be out on the water before the sun comes up.

@Pikester, Hey is that the name of the park? Do you by chance know the names of the 2 different lakes? lol I believe there are 3 lakes up there, I thought there was a sign that said Fishing for Fun lake, I think lol but any lake with that name must be a kids lake.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You were at Adams county fairgrounds. And there is fish in there. trout,,bass ,catfish,carp.  Tere is a third lake in the back about a 1/2 mile walk.
My son and I take out float tubes in.  There is Bass, Crappie, big carp,bluegill.
It's not as it use to be since they let them use bait there now. And there are those
who take under size fish or do some catch and release. Last year we caught tons
of 13" and 14" bass only 2 wre over the 15" and we let them go.  6 yeas ago you could catch 18"to 20" bass pretty regular.  But we still go there it makes for a good day.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
As someone said the best fishless report ever written!...the spring bite can be all over the place...keep at it...and the fish will come...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts