Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised here is a picture of the baby................

Just wanted to let you know that we had a healthy baby boy. Both Deneile and baby are doing great. We had a wonderful planned home birth...what an amazing experience.

Constantine Gordon (middle name undecided...thought we had another week and half to figure it out)
21 inches long, 7lbs 8oz.
Born Wednesday 10-13-10 at 10:00pm

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congratulations John!!

What about a middle name that reflects your and/or your wife's family or ethnic back round. It is a tradition in my family that children receive Japanese middle names. This preserves our heritage, but is not embarrassing. Just a thought.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jerry,

Actually the name Constantine is from my wife's grandfather. He came over from Greece with his older brother he was 12 years old and the brother I believe was 14. They went through Ellis Island. The brother stayed a few months then returned to Greece. Constantine stayed here and raised himself. He got a job as a water boy on the railroad and over the years worked his way up to become a section foreman. He worked in Leadville and settled in western Nebraska. He had ruematic fever as a child which weakened his heart. He died at an early age of a heart attack (clearing snow off the tracks after a big blizzard). Deneile never knew her grandfather.

I thought it was a great story of a person filled with the American dream, hard working and strong willed. It pays tribute to the family and his roots.

Thanks for the suggestion maybe something Chinese from my side.

John G.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome to the club sir! Are you thinking of fishing with him already? I'm taking my twins to the lake next week. I hope they can sleep in their stroller while I make some casts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is a great story. I hope you share all of what you know about his name sake. Your heritage is something that should be treasured. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
John,

I am so happy for you buddy. You will now learn what love really is. For a while things will be tough, but hang in there, you'll both be fine.

Your boy looks great, congratulations and enjoy (everything other than sleep!! ;D )

·
Registered
201 Posts
Really?? he looks to be closer to 20" - just sayin >:D

Our daughter has my wifes last name as a middle name, just a way to keep both names.

seriously congratulations.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cogradulations on the new angler. My son is 4 years old and we go fishing all the time. Its the best feeling when he reels in a fish. I got bells for my rods whem i'm bait fishing, so i can play with him and not worry about watchting the poles. You'll see what i'm talking about when he starts walking and talking. Make sure you have alot a toys. HAHA! Its great!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Awesome news John !!!! COngradulation to you and your wife, and a grand welcome to your son !!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Congratulations! That's awesome!

Oyey said:
John,

I am so happy for you buddy. You will now learn what love really is. For a while things will be tough, but hang in there, you'll both be fine.

Your boy looks great, congratulations and enjoy (everything other than sleep!! ;D )
Oyey's not kiddin. Things are gonna be tough. I'm still goin through it, after being in for 2 months. It's worth it though, for sure. When he pops off the first real smile at ya...man.

Again, congratulations! ;D

·
Registered
596 Posts
Fine looking boy John! Got one myself although much larger now that he's been getting good flow and highly oxygenated water. You will love being a dad even at 3AM! Best wishes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts