Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it finally showed up. Time to set up all the gadgetry and get some fishing in before you guys catch 'em all.

Here's a pic for those of you who are interested. The little trailer is actually a jet ski trailer without any mods needed (Thank God something didn't cost extra). http://imageshack.com/a/img537/1441/hGG2xc.jpg

I'll post more pics tomorrow once its all set up and I'm on some water. Hoping to hit P-lo sometime around lunch.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Congrats on the new yak! But I do hope nobody rear ends you with that thing hanging so far off the back of your trailer. Maybe you could move your bow hitch further up on the trailer tung.
We all know some police officers are like Barney Fife and could give you a ticket if it hangs out further than 3 feet without a red flag, or if it hangs out over 6 feet.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Like Fordo said rotate the bow lock and move al the way forward to keep th stress off the main line of the yak

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback fellas!!

Already made the adjustments this morning. Didn't have much time yesterday to do much other than pick it up and sit it on the trailer. I am working on mounting everything now in hopes of still getting on the water today.

It still hangs off more than 3' so I will attach a red flag when transporting to keep the Barney Fife's off my ass.

Does anyone know if you can shorten the transducer cable on a fishfinder without screwing anything up? The cable that came with it is about 7' too long and I'd rather not have excess wire dangling around me feet. I'm kinda a neat freak with my wiring stuff.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Don't shorten the cable. Just coil up the excess and use a zip tie or some tape to hold it together. If you wanted to dedicate the transducer to the boat..you could hide it away and shoot through the hull.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts