Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
disclaimer:

if slayerphish comments on this thread going "GOD DAMN IT DAVE LET IT GO ICE FISHING SUCKS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLOOGETY BLAAAH".. he's admitting to all of us by default, that indeed he enjoys weiners. not that theres anything wrong with weiners because im a very accepting guy, but hes admitting to liking them.

now that is outta the way...

took my lil clan of shorties to leadville. we got out late so the roads could get plowed. i love colorado because all you got to do is drive 50-100 miles west on a crappy day, and you learn that winter holds out for many months after the equinox. such as the case in leadville, where I fished turquoise lake. we got there at 2, ate some fire shitting green chili fries at gringos... got to the lake, some yuppies on snowmobiles warned me saying "the lake might be unsafe, you better be careful!".... I walked out 20 feet and drilled a hole, and just about threw my back out because the ice was so thick.

we hiked all over the dam area, found 40-80 feet deep, didnt get much in the deeper water but went shallower, and found eager fish. caught 3 lakers, several laker bait.... jigged the usual kastmasters and small tubes. Finished out the day sledding the hill of death with my boy.

since everyone is on that walleye tip right now (myself included, after yardwork imma grab my kiddo and go to some ponds where i know they are at... and throw some dropshots for them because im tired of losing jerkbaits) nobody is going to care about ice fishing anymore, but I know guys like glenn and whoever might.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Nice report Dave, thanks for posting up.

We all know about the weiner thing already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
thanks for the report Dave, your right I do care. I find it much nicer to sit over a hole alone this time of year by myself then battle the hoards trying to snag a few walleye, theres plenty of time for that in may ,June and July . glad you had a good time, especially with your kid, thats probably way more important then catching a fish. you've come along way and I envy you.dont fault slayer he's a creature of habit he can't help himself.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I tried posting pics but it’s too much hassle... just take my word on it, unless it gets warm suddenly up there that ice isn’t going anywhere.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the report Dave, your right I do care. I find it much nicer to sit over a hole alone this time of year by myself then battle the hoards trying to snag a few walleye, theres plenty of time for that in may ,June and July . glad you had a good time, especially with your kid, thats probably way more important then catching a fish. you've come along way and I envy you.dont fault slayer he's a creature of habit he can't help himself.

It’s beautiful up there right now. Ice is super thick and it still looks like January up there. I might go up there in may just to say I iced in May. Also I love fishing forebay.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
It’s beautiful up there right now. Ice is super thick and it still looks like January up there. I might go up there in may just to say I iced in May. Also I love fishing forebay.
I ice fished in June. Didn't catch crap-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts