Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me say it is convenient a couple of miles from work in the DTC...but patience is wearing thin...

About 6 weeks ago I bought several different items (jig heads, hooks, weighted swimbait hooks, etc)...I look at prices (my mom beat it into me)...none of them are on sale...ALL items ring up wrong and for higher amounts...small item price check what a cluster F for time and effort...waved it off...

A few weeks back in there buy a handful of items and two of them do the same thing again all higher priced...this time I am smart I pay for them go back to the department show the guy and say when the service desk calls you tell them I am right (saved myself a lot of time)...

Went in there after a Ram mount fish finder holder they don't have it (not in stock another pet peave of mine with them that I will address later) buy a couple of other items including one off the ice fishing clearance rack marked down from 4.99 to 2.49...well at least it was the only one item that rang up wrong...paid for it and headed for the service desk made the snide comment if it was King Soopers I would get it for free...

Ordered the ram mount online (in stock mind you) and its the 17th and shipped ups ground they give me an estimated receival date of 4/27...holy crap they driving it in from China?...I can order practically anything else in this country and it might be 3 or 4 days tops even from New York and the shipping seemed astronomical so I was like screw it will have it shipped to the store for free...April 29th...12 days!...what are they driving the trucks backwards?...I am not an immediate gratification kind of guy but 12 days? Come on really? For an item during fishing and boating season starting and fish finders leaving in droves that they should have in stock and you know why they dont?...they built two half arsed peewee stores that don't stock anything special to appeal the weekend warrior and having to only have the most basic of inventory in stock...although I did notice that they had paddlefish rigs prominently displayed in stock last fall!...paddlefish rigs who does the merchandising...must be the Colorado Division of Wildlife...

And then there is calling either the north or south store to see if they have something...half the time there is no answer and I get told to call back later...I have never had that happen at Gander or Bass Pro...I cannot remember anything ringing up wrong at Bass Pro or Gander either...

I should of bought my fishing license there...probably would of rang up wrong...

And then there's the games they seem to play online so you have to watch there too...when Slayer was buying his new fish finder I saw they had one of the new Lowrances conveniently on sale...only it was originally priced $200 higher than the suggested retail price of Lowrance and what other retail outlets had it for and marked on sale for $200 less to get it to the price that everyone else had...seen the same thing with weighted swimbait hooks regular priced $3 dollars higher online and on sale for $3 off to get to what everyone else's price was...does that seem slimey and sleezy? The appearance of being on sale...ugh...

Anyone else have any similiar experiences with the big box stores...I really hate shopping there...

Plus now they do that want to round up to the nearest dollar to conservation?...hey Cabelas how about you just channel overcharging to conservation?...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Up north Gander gets the majority of my purchases and everything else I usually buy online... Price and customer service up north seems good even if the selection isn't great. Got my Lowrance there about a month ago and they honored the online price which was 100 dollars cheaper than the tag they had on the shelf.... The other big box stores all have their strong suites, and with Cabelas in Colorado customer service sure as hell isn't theres. I've left a few loaded up carts at the south location after being frustrated. I won't go back to that location.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get $5 two day shipping from Tacklewarehouse...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I try to make all my purchases online and not from them, the one down South is on my Uncles ex Cattle land, nice to go see the mounts but plan on getting ripped off. Wish they would stop sending me all the catalogs and magazines.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Been to the north store 3 times, every time they did not have the item in stock.
Wanted to use gift cards to buy my muzzle loader, the gun dept was ZERO help. They didn't even have a black powder gun with iron sights, all scope mounts...wtf you can't use a scope in CO during muzzle loader! Sportsmans received my business 30 minutes later. I won't avoid it like walmart but it sure has been a disappointment after waiting all these years.
I think they have started the dirt work at Bass Pro up north, I hope Sportsmans sticks around.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Too bad cabelas sucks so bad here. I was raised drolling over cabelas mags at my grandpas.
Have NEVER had any problems with Cabelas...
In fact, even when I SCREWED UP...
They went out of thier way to make Me happy....
Usually, when it says it will ship and be here in 9-10 days...
Its here in 4 days....

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
F**k cabelas. returning stuff there is an absolute B**ch. You try to return something at bass pro they ask no questions and are quick to replace it

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I always loved shopping at Cabelas. Growing up, dad would take me on a road trip a couple times per year to go to Sidney.

They had by far the best return policy of any store I would go to. And when you ordered from the catalog, it seemed to never take more than 2 days at ground rates.

They must have moved their warehouse, because I agree with you on the shipping. Takes forever, even in store pick up.

Guess I need to watch the prices a little more. Did you talk to the store manager about the way they rang up? I certainly would.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My II Cents

I have enough gear and I don't buy much any more. When I do buy it's online. I know what I want and look for the best deal. I plan ahead so shipping is not an issue. Buy in the winter months for summer fishing and who cares how long it takes to arrive.

I get tired of going into stores to make a purchase and I know more about the product than the help.

Returns, very rare for me.

The big guys have taken over the market and they act like they care IMO.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
lol thats rough Z
My hate for walmart can't be explained. I might be arrested if I aired it out.
Although I haven't visited either Cabelas in the Denver metro area, I did visit the shithole in GJ. It sucked, I would say worse than SW.

Man, I hate walmart

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They did say approximate maybe it will be sooner...

1 of 01-7843 RAM 6" SWING ARM BALL MOUNT HORIZONTAL MOUNT @ $74.99 each
In stock-Approx delivery Wed 4/29
2 of 01-0094 RAM Mounting Bases 3/4"-1" RND RAIL MNT @ $19.99 each
In stock-Approx delivery Wed 4/29

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
They did say approximate maybe it will be sooner...
AMAZON PRIME sir!!!
Didn't search but love me some amazon (even with it being $100 for prime MOM)

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a gift card to use...and yes I belong to Amazon Prime...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts