Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didn't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn, deal with crowds, get cold, or risk death to find hungry fat fish. Won't be long before the masses and water fleas are thicker than the fish.... Love being able to avoid that.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Hell yeah Hamsta, my kind of fishing!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
(where did you buy them jigs? ;D;D;D)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good stuff! Must be some kind of fancy camera you have. Those pictures are great.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good stuff! Must be some kind of fancy camera you have. Those pictures are great.
Nothing fancy AO. Just some good editing tools on my computer and a plane old Samsung Fortune 2 $50 phone.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A wise fisherman once said "Everyone's a great fisherman in April-May". Yesterday was one of those days I was glad to be a fisherman. Crappies were 11"-14" and in their staging for spawn mode (slow and finicky), Walleyes were easy to find and for the most part-catch and the smallies are starting to get more aggressive. Can't wait to see what the next few weeks are like. Maybe one day I'll be as wise as Hobie.

Oh yeah, pink was the ticket with matching Get Jiggy With It pill heads made by yours truly...and the person who was supposed to go fishing with me actually showed up:rolleyes::rolleyes: even though they had fished long hours the day before.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice Chris. Yeah, May is tough. Tough deciding where you want to go next because fish are hungry everywhere. So many lakes and just not enough days. And I think you're just confusing wisdom with age. ^-^

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
And I think you're just confusing wisdom with age

Wisdom/age is one in the same my friend. The day you stop learning is the day you start dying IMHO.

Much of my time on the water now is in preparation for the "dog days of summer". Taking notes of transition points, how they react to certain colors and presentations, and learning to work unfamiliar areas thoroughly while still catching fish in those new areas. Most fish are moving up into spawning areas and are eager to feed for now. The real fun will begin in June for me. Putting up numbers in the heat of summer is what I enjoy the most. Like you have stated- May is tough...to decide where to fish and everyone is a Great Fisherman. June-August is where true fisherman show up and shine.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nothing fancy AO. Just some good editing tools on my computer and a plane old Samsung Fortune 2 $50 phone.
I figured you did some editing, but I don't get that kind of definition with my budget phone... I have a Samsung. The Fortune is made by LG. Might switch brand next time i Need a new phone.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am sure if feels good bring them into the boat with homemade jigs!
I does feel good. But, it feels better when the folks that have bought a few actually send me pics and thank me for "helping" them figure out what colors and types work best for different applications or when I take someone out who hasn't done much jigs & plastics fishing and they start catching fish one after another.

It's definitely not something anyone will ever get rich doing. More fun than profit for sure.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Fortune is made by LG
AO, you are absolutely correct. I never looked at the brand and assumed it was the same as my last phone which drowned at a lake last fall. The editing is done with "Photos" on my computer. Not sure which company makes it-it came installed on the computer when I purchased it. But, the phone takes decent pics when I have the setting right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts